CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

accumulator problem

Well since this is a Cadillac board, and we typically stick with Cadillac stuff, it would have been nice of you to inform us that this was a Pontiac, and I might not have sat here since 7:30 trying to help you and went to make my dinner... but that said, yes, we would like to know, it might make a difference, like me not wasting TIME looking up the price of your accumulator for a 92 CADILLAC... and I could have DONE it RIGHT the first time and given you the price for a PONTIAC.

In spite of me spending time looking up the DANGERS of using sealer and me providing two FN good articles on the FN dangers of sealant you post this

"i want to know fact vs opinion". Where I come from we call that a brass set.. Facts VS opinion?, that article was written by an AC EXPERT, our OWN expert KHE says NEVER TO USE sealer. What more do you want, what you want to hear? HELL yea dude, use the good stuff, the REALLY good stuff and YOU WILL BE CHILLIN DUDE.... OR do you want me to give you the facts... Then you admit, that you have been debating this issue with others...... Bahaaaaaaa This thread cracks me up...

Listen stop being so TIGHT with the CASH and do it right... www.acsource.com has an accumulator for you car as FOLLOWS:

SKU: Accumulator/Filter Driers for 1997 Pontiac Grand Am (3.1 V6 Gas FI)

SKU: 122489-P/N: 33158A

Auto AC Parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our price: $24.47

We aim to please, be honest next time

i tried pulling up that site you posted to read it but it gave me an error message as incorrect url or something. my questions towards coolantwas, was it a matter of using the right coolant, one type(brand, make-up, etc) vs another. and then later i saw you posted new links in which i did check out, iread the post, and from what i gathered, the sealants being tested work, they wont clog the systems if done correctly, etc, and but as you said KHE says dont use them. i wanted to know which way to go. thats all. fine i'm boo boo the fool here, but hey, you guys are answering my questions and i appreciate that. The reason i ask is because, when i discuss, not debate, the use of coolant, they never actually said they used it and it clogged up there system, they just say thats what they hear or read. thats all

Coolant/sealant, Accumulator/evaporator, Cadillac/Pontiac.

I think that I need an adult beverage after reading this,,,,,,,,& I don't drink.

It is illegal to put freon into a system with a KNOWN leak.

The system needs to be repaired properly. Pretty soon you will have spent enough money on freon to have replaced the evaporator and had change left over.

If you use a sealant and it fails to hold, you will have caused another release of freon into the atmosphere.

Please, do yourself a favor and replace the evaporator AND the accumulator (receiver dryer) and be done with it!

Britt

Britt

My final advice to you is the BEST place to get Pontiac info is here > <a href="http://www.pontiacforum.com/" target="_blank">http://www.pontiacforum.com/</a> Click Introduce Yourself

When you need help with the 92 Cadillac we can help, I had a 91 Seville 4.9 myself...

thanks for the tip, but i've tried that forum in which i get no help from, there are never really any members on to give responces, just guess, so thus i get no answer

I have heard that about other forums before. Kevin posted some info above this post I am responding to. Good Luck

i never get a response anywhere else as fast as i do here. i might get alot of smart remarks from you guys but atleast it's a response. those other forums are dead in my opinion, and i've been there more than a few times trying to get answers. yea it's an unrelated car but it's better than nothing to me

Well since this is a Cadillac board, and we typically stick with Cadillac stuff, it would have been nice of you to inform us that this was a Pontiac, and I might not have sat here since 7:30 trying to help you and went to make my dinner... but that said, yes, we would like to know, it might make a difference, like me not wasting TIME looking up the price of your accumulator for a 92 CADILLAC... and I could have DONE it RIGHT the first time and given you the price for a PONTIAC.

In spite of me spending time looking up the DANGERS of using sealer and me providing two FN good articles on the FN dangers of sealant you post this

"i want to know fact vs opinion". Where I come from we call that a brass set.. Facts VS opinion?, that article was written by an AC EXPERT, our OWN expert KHE says NEVER TO USE sealer. What more do you want, what you want to hear? HELL yea dude, use the good stuff, the REALLY good stuff and YOU WILL BE CHILLIN DUDE.... OR do you want me to give you the facts... Then you admit, that you have been debating this issue with others...... Bahaaaaaaa This thread cracks me up...

Listen stop being so TIGHT with the CASH and do it right... www.acsource.com has an accumulator for you car as FOLLOWS:

Auto AC Parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tried pulling up that site you posted to read it but it gave me an error message as incorrect url or something. my questions towards coolantwas, was it a matter of using the right coolant, one type(brand, make-up, etc) vs another. and then later i saw you posted new links in which i did check out, iread the post, and from what i gathered, the sealants being tested work, they wont clog the systems if done correctly, etc, and but as you said KHE says dont use them. i wanted to know which way to go. thats all. fine i'm boo boo the fool here, but hey, you guys are answering my questions and i appreciate that. The reason i ask is because, when i discuss, not debate, the use of coolant, they never actually said they used it and it clogged up there system, they just say thats what they hear or read. thats all

Coolant/sealant, Accumulator/evaporator, Cadillac/Pontiac.

I think that I need an adult beverage after reading this,,,,,,,,& I don't drink.

It is illegal to put freon into a system with a KNOWN leak.

The system needs to be repaired properly. Pretty soon you will have spent enough money on freon to have replaced the evaporator and had change left over.

If you use a sealant and it fails to hold, you will have caused another release of freon into the atmosphere.

Please, do yourself a favor and replace the evaporator AND the accumulator (receiver dryer) and be done with it!

Britt

........yea, i haven't done anything, i haven't spent a dime. i want my answers first before i did anything.

My final advice to you is the BEST place to get Pontiac info is here > <a href="http://www.pontiacforum.com/" target="_blank">http://www.pontiacforum.com/</a> Click Introduce Yourself

When you need help with the 92 Cadillac we can help, I had a 91 Seville 4.9 myself...

thanks for the tip, but i've tried that forum in which i get no help from, there are never really any members on to give responces, just guess, so thus i get no answer

I have heard that about other forums before. Kevin posted some info above this post I am responding to. Good Luck

i never get a response anywhere else as fast as i do here. i might get alot of smart remarks from you guys but atleast it's a response. those other forums are dead in my opinion, and i've been there more than a few times trying to get answers. yea it's an unrelated car but it's better than nothing to me

That's because THEY are all here, :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

question, since my system doesnt hold a charge pat a few days, could that indicate a large leak?

Yes

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Auto AC Parts

If you are talking about DEXCOOL, it is OK for a NORTHSTAR, DO NOT use it in your 4.9 Cadillac engine. IF, the 97 Pontiac came with it, OK, but, there has been an issue with the Dexcool and intake manifold seals. Unfortunately, there is a tentative class action suit. I might consider using GREEN on that 97, but the silicates would be worse if you ask me. I will let KHE comment, I think he would agree. If it came with Dexcool, keep using it...

Here is the Dexcool Tentative class action suit, I don't know the disposition at this point

<a href="http://www.gohtsn.com/article_860.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.gohtsn.com/article_860.shtml</a>

I know we're talking about A/C but just to clear up - The "issue" with DexCool is only for the 4.3 V-6 cast iron engine. The issue is not with the DexCool but with owners letting the coolant level get too low. The insides of the engine rust and that combines with the coolant. They then think GM is responsible...

If the vehicle came with DexCool, keep running DexCool in there.

If the

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

dual post ignore this one! <_<

Britt

question, since my system doesnt hold a charge pat a few days, could that indicate a large leak?

......yea, i haven't done anything, i haven't spent a dime. i want my answers first before i did anything.

Hummm, Let's see,,,,,,,,,,, You state that your system dosen't hold a charge longer than three days.....Then you state that you haven't done anything & haven't spent a dime. <_<

Something isn't computing here.

:bsmeter:

I'm done! :wipetears

Britt

Archived