CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Moved on to '08 STS

rofsts

Doing my part to keep Cadillac afloat, traded my '99 sts for a new '08 1SC w/sunroof, blk/blk, 0% made the decision. Was sad to see the '99 go has been a great car for 9 years, I had it all buffet up for the trade appraisal and to me it looked as good as any of the new stock, but it was time to move on. The '08 is amazing to say the least, it will take me weeks to work thru all it can do. Is definately a different car than the '99, different personality, rather sparten interior, few luxuary touches, all performance/hi tech orientation, will take me some time to "warm up" to it, so far I can see it's going to be fun to drive, and is an outstanding piece of engineering. My thanks to Bruce and this site, has been and will continue to be a source of support/guidence, and also helped me stay loyal to GM/Cadillac and the STS.

:hatsoff: Sounds like a great Cadillac!

:nopicssmiley:

1SC is the premium V6 version of the STS.

General model year Changes for 08:

Deletions

1SF Equipment Group

Exterior color (80U) Infrared

(LY7) 3.6L V6 VVT SFI Engine

(MX0) and (MX7) 5-speed automatic transmissions

Eucalyptus wood trim

New Features

(WE3) Moonstone Limited Edition. Available on 1SB and 1SG. Content differs by PEG.

(P40) 18" x 8" polished cast aluminum wheels

Exterior color (12U) WA-519Q Black Cherry

Exterior color (89U) WA-505Q Crystal Red Tintcoat. Available at extra charge.

New design for (NR7) Heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel with Kinetic aluminum trim. STS-V only.

(PDP) V6 Luxury Collection (1SB only)

(PDQ) V6 Premium Luxury Collection (1SC only)

(PDU) V8 Premium Luxury Collection (1SE only)

(PDV) V8 Performance Collection (1SG only)

(Y41) V6 Luxury Level Two Package.

(Y53) Driver Awareness Package.

Exterior refresh, includes new grille, fender extractors, rocker panels, front and rear fascias and exhaust tips

Interior refresh, includes center stack, door trim and new wood accents.

(UFL) Lane Departure Warning. Standard on STS-V. Included and only available in (Y53) Driver Awareness Package on STS.

(UFT) Side Blind Zone Alert. Standard on STS-V. Included and only available in (Y53) Driver Awareness Package on STS.

Sapele wood in (B19) and (B20) Wood Trim Packages.

(LLT) 3.6L V6 SIDI Engine. Standard on V6 (6DW29).

(JL7) Enhanced 4-channel StabiliTrak with Active Steering on 1SG with AWD..

(MX0) and (MX7) 6-speed automatic transmissions on V6.

Changes

(PCZ) Performance Handling Package now available on 1SC and 1SG AWD.

(UV6) Head-Up Display available without (K59) Adaptive Cruise Control on V6 and V8. Requires (YQ4) Audio system with navigation.

(UV6) Head-Up Display now standard on STS-V.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Nice choice! It seems that our efforts are working. GM posted better than expected sales/profits for the quarter, boosting the market for a day at least. Thanks for the check George, it help my decision!

I miss my '99 STS too, but it's not as radical a move for me since the chassis is the same on the '08 DTS. Funny thing, no matter the suspension tune, you can't hide the inherent harmonics of the basic structure.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived