CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Code p101 Mass Air performance

ok so here we go again... I have been getting this code alot lately. p101 which has something to do with Poor mass air performance or something.. I doesnt always do it.. I have changed out 3 mass air sensors so far.. Any idea's? Seem to do it excessively when outside temps are over 75 degree's.

Have you tried to replace the air diffuser in your MAF. I know you say you have no adverse issues with the screen out, and more power, but once again you are having MAF problems.

If you look at the physics of how the MAF works, it cannot accurately measure the flow if it is flowing in all different directions.

I would try putting the diffuser/straightener back in and see if you still have the problem.

Jonah

STSS is correct. The screen is there for directional flow over the MAF sensor.

It has nothing to do with that screen, the car ran flawless for 2 years without it... But just for giggles I will put it in there to see if it makes a difference for the code.

I replaced the screen today, still gave me codes.. I then called for a replacment mass air under warranty, replaced it and so far 100 miles of driving no codes.. Now I get P133 bank 1 slow response but it did it once. The party never ends!

Archived