CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Satellite Radio

2shock

I just bought a 2005 Cadillac CTS today..it seems pretty standard as far as features go but I was just wondering if it had satellite radio capabilities. I haven't been able to access it on the radio but I thought that I had read that it came with built in capability if I got a subscription from XM.

Thanks for any insight.

Can you see a GRAYED OUT button that says XM?

Try cycling thru the AM/FM/CD options to see if you can see it.

There is an ordering option for XM DELETE. That is usually only used for fleet cars and rentals.

If all else fails, run by the Cadillac dealer and ask them to show you how to access it.

If you DO have it, when you call XM, ask for the $77 a year plan. You will need the sn of the radio, which you will find on channel ONE.

Posted Image

I appreciate it..I haven't managed to find any evidence of XM and my car is off lease so I doubt they did XM delete. Is it standard on the 2005 model or is it an added feature? If it's added it would just appear that mine doesn't have it.

In 2005 it was an added feature (option). To access XM on my 2005 CTS I press the "BAND" button on the radio, which cycles through FM, FM2, AM, XM, and XM2.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived