CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mockingbird driving me nuts!

OK, for the last several nights a Mockingbird has been singing up a storm near my bedroom window. At least I believe its a Mockingbird. I think it's a young male looking for a female so the bigmouth sings all night long without so much as taking a breath. :blink: I think it finally found a mate because right now I don't hear the little bastard. :unsure: At first it was interesting but then his little repertoire got old real fast. I've been sleeping with foam earplugs I use when I target practice. :rolleyes:

OK, for the last several nights a Mockingbird has been singing up a storm near my bedroom window. At least I believe its a Mockingbird. I think it's a young male looking for a female so the bigmouth sings all night long without so much as taking a breath. :blink: I think it finally found a mate because right now I don't hear the little bastard. :unsure: At first it was interesting but then his little repertoire got old real fast. I've been sleeping with foam earplugs I use when I target practice. :rolleyes:

:lol: Watch out for woodpeckers. They attack and break car side-view mirrors if they see their reflection in the mirror. They think it's a competing male.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

You might try playing some sort of ambient music as you sleep; not ideal but could keep it from waking you up.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

me, i like the sound of Mockingbirds and they actually help me go to sleep, which is something that i have

a hard time doing ... note the times of my post on these board ... if you want to play with his head go out and make sounds like an owl ... also you can probaby find a sound bite of an owl on the net and record it and play it

for a night or two and he might decide to find a new local ...

Take time to smell the roses, or in this case, enjoy the antics of the mockingbird.

For about 6 of the 20+ years I lived in Texas, there was a mockingbird that would park on my chimney cover at the same time every day; you could set your clock by his arrival. He would perform his singing and dancing routine for an hour or so and then fly off to his next appearance at another house.

If I had the time, I would step outside and whistle a few new tunes for him to practise on. Hope he enjoyed the game as much as I did.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Take time to smell the roses, or in this case, enjoy the antics of the mockingbird.

For about 6 of the 20+ years I lived in Texas, there was a mockingbird that would park on my chimney cover at the same time every day; you could set your clock by his arrival. He would perform his singing and dancing routine for an hour or so and then fly off to his next appearance at another house.

If I had the time, I would step outside and whistle a few new tunes for him to practise on. Hope he enjoyed the game as much as I did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sweet JimD ... and, i do the love to the do same, i have worked hard, to try to teach them the first 12 notes of Dixie and if i can do so, i will be a happy camper if i ever hear one do so, and i have done other crazy stuff, like catch at fox bare handed with the help of hybrid wolf/german shepherd, now dead bless his big heart and may he rest in Peace ... he proudly captured 22 possum, that all lived expect for two, and the others lived to tell their offspring, about what a good idea it is to play dead .. and Wolf brought them to me, to show off what a good hunter he was and he was a confident hunter he was, until we went to Yellowstone park and he thought i can catch that possum with the funny looking hair do and show Lane what a good hunter that i am again the said Possum, was a porcupine, and i had to use pliers to get them back out of his nose as they are barbed and don't come out veryly easily ... and you can expect a yelp alomort ech time that you remove one ...

i just spent, about 15 minutes or more, trying to post a message, about how much, i love mocking birds and their songs , even though, they are the meanest/toughest/bravest birds that i have had, the pleasure to meet ...

only, to have my puter eat it ... and, i may try to repeat it tomorrow ... i am a country boy, and my family owns 2,000 acres of land and the MB's are my favorite neighbors, although, i like snakes too, as well, as

all critters and plants ...

our land is worth crazy amounts money, and we have turned down a $1,000,000 for an offer, on the one of the pivotal pieces, of our property for an acre and a half or less ... and because, of maybe was my advice, to my family was not not sell of a pivotal piece of an 136 tract of land where keeping tract of land in tact then we will make crazy buck by keep in tack and i gave this advice to my pops who is way smarter than me on his kind of thing and that piece of prop. was one of ten acres of a 136 in tract that we have been offered one 100,000 dollars a acre for ten acres 6 month before ... i but they love to offer big buck for road frontage ...

what the heck , i have no problems with critters and i love them... and the last animal ... that i spanked was an animal ,that walked on two legs , he was a burglar, that thought he could break into my family homestead and steal from my family, 3 times in 6 days, bad mistake ... i told the sheriff's peeps, , do your job, like i have asked you to do or i will ...

and he, is out of the business hint, hint and he did not go to prison , like his partner did ...

and, if anybody is having a problems with mocking birds ... then please give them, my address and i will happily hook them up with some new fancy digs ...

P.S. the birds, are the word ... and the MB's are the best of song birds and i restect the becuse the procetet ... IMHO ...

Lane ain't sane ...

I've had this experience too, the songs can be stunning, but at 3-4am and loud, not welcome.

Possible solution .... Recently I put up a couple of bird feeders hanging from some limbs in a tree that a mbird frequented, Mbirds tend to pick out 3 or so trees and move from one to the other, singing without stop. Seems like they are defining their territory by triangulating their perches, maybe not.

Anyway, once other birds started to congregate in the tree and around the feeders, the mbird was unhappy, started swooping on them and tried to drive them away, without success. .... well after not more than a week the mbird decided it wasn't worth it and went elsewhere.

He is still in the neighbor hood, I can hear him, but from a distance .... annoying someone else.

my pop had one, that hung out at the apartments(40) that he owned/managed, and pop, would stop at Hardees every morning and get a sausage biscuit and he would leave part of the bisc. on the front porch of

his office and a MB figured out the process, and while the bird did not eat out of his hand,

he had no problem coming and eating while he was 2 or 3 feet away and i saw this myself, while standing that close with my pops ... if that bird, had a tail like a dog, it would have been wagging, like a dogs when he saw him drive up and get out of his car ...

Lane

after, looking at my spelling, on my previous post, which was, about three messages back ...

i, am feeling like a dumba$$ ...

4 generations, of teachers, at the least, on both sides of my family

and, my brother and sister make 5 generations each ...

and that, is how i spell , jeez, there are, probably many of my kin folk

rolling over, in their graves as i am typing this ...

sorry, my bad guys ... RIP ... i promise, to work on it ...

and, why can't i edit my, my bad's, as easily here at the 19th hole, as i can on the regular

discussion board ???

puters rock ... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/regular

and, i have learned more, in the last ten, than i have learned in the 51 years of my life ...

well, maybe 4 gens. of teachers don't hurt none and i have never met a man or woman,

smarter than my folks ... no lie ...

Lane

Peace at last for the last week. The little ____ moved on. :blink:

Don't get me wrong, I love nature. But I tend to be a person who likes silence when I sleep.

Archived