CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Recommendations for PERS System

I'm wondering if anyone on this board can recommend a decent, not too expensive PERS system for my mother. PERS stands for Personal Emergency Response System. It's a push-button radio transmitter that you wear around your neck or on your wrist. If you're in need of help, you push the button and the system puts you in touch with a central station that can call for help for you. I'm sure you've all seen the commercial with the elderly lady who says, "help me, I've fallen and I can't get up". Well, I'm looking to get one of those systems for my mother since she's now alone and I don't live all that close to her so I can't check in on her on a daily basis so instead I'd like to get her a PERS system. Anyone have experience with such a system and have suggestions?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

A cell phone programmed to dial 911 when 9 is held down works pretty well. One of the cell phone companies could probably recommend an even simpler arrangement, a special phone with a big emergency pushbutton that dials 911 that is specifically designed as a PERS.

If she has a wireless phone on the land line, or would consider one, some offer PERS phones that will call 911 from the land line with a one-big-button actuation.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

A cell phone programmed to dial 911 when 9 is held down works pretty well. One of the cell phone companies could probably recommend an even simpler arrangement, a special phone with a big emergency pushbutton that dials 911 that is specifically designed as a PERS.

If she has a wireless phone on the land line, or would consider one, some offer PERS phones that will call 911 from the land line with a one-big-button actuation.

I'll look into that but my mother is "technology challenged" so it might prove a little rough.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Before we lost Dad on Easter Sunday, 2007, we had great confidence in Lifeline Systems (of Hunterdon County, NJ?). Dad would occasionally set the alarm off "accidentally." The phone rang IMMEDIATELY! Additionally, they tested the system monthly. By the way, they were very cordial and understanding about "accidental" alarms.

Have a look at: http://www.lifelinesys.com . 1-800-797-4191.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Before we lost Dad on Easter Sunday, 2007, we had great confidence in Lifeline Systems (of Hunterdon County, NJ?). Dad would occasionally set the alarm off "accidentally." The phone rang IMMEDIATELY! Additionally, they tested the system monthly. By the way, they were very cordial and understanding about "accidental" alarms.

Have a look at: http://www.lifelinesys.com . 1-800-797-4191.

Regards,

Warren

Thanks Warren. I've requested information from the company.

Have a look at: <a href="http://www.lifelinesys.com" target="_blank">http://www.lifelinesys.com</a> . 1-800-797-4191.

Regards,

Warren

by the way, what does something like this cost? The equipment and the monitoring service?

Have a look at: <a href="http://www.lifelinesys.com" target="_blank">http://www.lifelinesys.com</a> . 1-800-797-4191.

Regards,

Warren

by the way, what does something like this cost? The equipment and the monitoring service?

I don't recall the exact price, but they were "moderate" and certainly competitive with other services. Nonetheless, I was impressed by their professionalism.

As I recall, it was Hunterdon County Hospital (or more likely an employee thereof) that got us hooked up with them. Not entirely sure, though.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived