CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

BEST STORY OF THE DAY!!!

caddiman78

I bought a used Dts in december from a local cadillac dealer, within 2 weeks i had to replace both rear shocks (oem) 2200.00, have had numerous check engine warnings that they have taken care of within the first couple days. (thank god i havent seen that in forever). Well about a month and a half ago i had the dreaded cd error displaying on my radio after trying to find a song and inserting and ejecting numerous cds to find it. Found out online that the cd error message was common and could send my radio back to bose for them to fix it for approximately 90.00 along with 35.00 for the dealer to take it out because of the theftlock. So i have been riding around with the worst possible radio stations as reception in this car just doesnt seem to be that great. Well 2 nights ago my girlfriend slammed the passenger door out of anger because the garage door kept going back up. We heard a noise that sounded like the belt buckle was closed in the door. Posted a topic on hear asking for help about taking off the door panel. Eric responded with a VERY informational reply and it put me in the garage at my brother in laws today because of the pouring rain here in milwaukee. Took the panel off with the help of eric's info that he provided to me with no problem! THanks again eric! Took the window out and realized the actuator cable was off of one of the wheels. Reinstalled the actuator and funny noise i took it back out and realized the cable was all twisted inside of the round wheel that is driven bye the motor. after 3 and a half hours of in and out and untangling cable. (which doesnt work i know but wanted to try). i got the window back in and moving up and down. Happy that i accomplished the impossible i closed my door and went to start the car. NOTHING!!!. not thinking, i didnt disconnect the battery. After a jumpstart from my brother in law. MY abs light, airbag light, battery light were on constantly. Fuel gauge doesnt work and temp gauge doesnt work. Drive home and sitting in my driveway figure maybe because the batt was so low it will be ok after it sits a while. Go to roll down the window i just fixed and POP. Back to square one! Rigging the window to stay up and car still running. the locks start locking and unlocking themselves. Im thinking WTF! go to turn off the car and the cd that i had just sitting halfway in the radio so that i can insert it and when ejected can find what station im on as well as who is playing. IS SUCKED INTO THE RADIO AND STARTS PLAYING!!! While the radio is playing i take off the back seat cushion to get to the battery and find a wallet with 44.00 in it and no i.d and all the bills no newer than 1999. disconnect the battery and let sit for 10 minutes restart the car and cd player is still playing! window is still broke and now i have 44.00 towards the new actuator and a cd that i will not try and eject anytime soon!

Any suggestions on where to get the best price on the rh passenger actuator for the 01 dts? any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks again everyone for your help !!!!

do you mean windows regulator? The plastic wheels just break, mine did the same in the seville

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05-DHS-D...sspagenameZWDVW

$54.. better than my seville one's at $650 at the dealer. Moving over your motor should be straight forward.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but it is a 8 year old car. low batteries wreak havic on the electronics in these cars, if you gonna work on the door, put the charger on trickle charge is my suggestion.

do you mean windows regulator? The plastic wheels just break, mine did the same in the seville

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05-DHS-D...sspagenameZWDVW

$54.. better than my seville one's at $650 at the dealer. Moving over your motor should be straight forward.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but it is a 8 year old car. low batteries wreak havic on the electronics in these cars, if you gonna work on the door, put the charger on trickle charge is my suggestion.

Ok, well dude, that was a hillarious story! Hey $44 bucks isnt a bad find!

REGARDING THE INITIAL POST:

Okay, I'm just old-school. I got a headache trying to read that stuff.

Maybe a new paragraph from time-to-time?

Maybe some capitalization on occasion?

Some punctuation?

REALLY!

Glad you're here, but try to make your stuff more 'readable.'

We're here to help one another. You too!

Regards,

Warrren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

REGARDING THE INITIAL POST:

Okay, I'm just old-school. I got a headache trying to read that stuff.

Maybe a new paragraph from time-to-time?

Maybe some capitalization on occasion?

Some punctuation?

REALLY!

Glad you're here, but try to make your stuff more 'readable.'

We're here to help one another. You too!

Regards,

Warrren

Warren,

Sorry for boring you in my heat of the moment post yesterday. However I personally type over 100wpm and dont really pay attention to my paragraphs and punctuation all the time. Maybe i should spend more time doing that and i would be respected a bit more!

Anyways, thanks for the help i have recieved from numerous people on the board. You have helped take care of numerous issues on my car. Thanks for the link to the regulator through ebay, i just purchased it and should have it in a couple days!

Warren, Thanks for your support in all the posts as you have replied to a couple of mine in the past as well. Again thanks for everything everyone and, I LOVE THiS PlaCe!!!

Thanks for the thanks.

With apologies for the harsh reply, it's best remembered that folk here need to read this stuff we post. Making it more readable can only help.

100 wpm is impressive! Not, however, if it's ill conceived.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I'd use that $44 towards a new battery if it's older than 4 years. you just deep cycled it. Milwaukee is no place to be dealing with a weak battery. Clean your Battery terminals while your at it.

BTW, I think that was my wallet. :)

As far as the radio, I would see if it continues to work from now on. These radios tend to build up a memory that can cause problems that can be solved by just unhooking the battery for a few minutes. I have seen and heard a lot of stories about these radios being fixed by just this. Keep us informed

As far as the radio, I would see if it continues to work from now on. These radios tend to build up a memory that can cause problems that can be solved by just unhooking the battery for a few minutes. I have seen and heard a lot of stories about these radios being fixed by just this. Keep us informed

I have taken the cd out and replaced with 3 cd's since. Everything seems to be working fine! I wish i would have known this a couple of months ago. So from this, if you recieve a cd error on your bose system. Try and disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes and see if it works as mine has been fine since! thanks again

Archived