CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Nu-B with Radio problem

HP480

Hi Everybody, :hatsoff:

This is a Great Site. I just registered this morning and I'm learning a lot.

I just bought an 05 Deville with 94K that I'm picking up this weekend.

One thing that has us baffled is the radio. It turns on, display works, Satellite stations work fine, but there's no AM or FM signals. If we try to scan for stations, it just cycles thru without ever stopping. There's a cd changer in the glovebox that I will try tonight, along with disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes (just read about that here).

I'm reading posts about how keys and fobs can be programmed to drivers for radio settings, etc. The car has only one key and the fob is for an aftermarket Remote Starter. Could that be the culprit?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Can't wait to get it home and start on a few mods I've seen here. 18" Wheels, HID lights.

Thanks in Advance,

Thanks for the feedback.

I've learned that it is not an RDS radio. The 6 disk changer in the dash works fine, along with XM, but the CD in the head unit does the same thing as AM and FM. Click-Click-Click when you crank up the volume. I'm going to replace the unit, found one online for $60 + $16 S&H from a used parts dealer in RI.

I bought the car from a friend who's a dealer. Paid $8800 wholesale and got a 90 day/3000 mile "aftermarket" drivetrain warranty, so I have to fix this myself.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've learned that it is not an RDS radio. The 6 disk changer in the dash works fine, along with XM, but the CD in the head unit does the same thing as AM and FM. Click-Click-Click when you crank up the volume. I'm going to replace the unit, found one online for $60 + $16 S&H from a used parts dealer in RI.

I bought the car from a friend who's a dealer. Paid $8800 wholesale and got a 90 day/3000 mile "aftermarket" drivetrain warranty, so I have to fix this myself.

goodluck

but fyi you can upgrade to a Bose RDS radio in your car

as you have an external amp its a simple plug and play

heck you could even install the Denso Nav unit in the car but that requires some repinning and running a wire

2703551_4_full.jpg

The Twins

1997 ETC & 2003 STS

goodluck

but fyi you can upgrade to a Bose RDS radio in your car

as you have an external amp its a simple plug and play

heck you could even install the Denso Nav unit in the car but that requires some repinning and running a wire

Thanks, What would the upgrade do for me? I have a Garmin Nuvi 680 with Bluetooth, so that's not an issue.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your car! But...

Can't wait to get it home and start on a few mods I've seen here. 18" Wheels, HID lights.

Please re-consider the HID lights, or at least install some relatively warm colored lights (4300K or 5000K). There's a DeVille around here (DTS) with HIDs in the head lights AND the fog lights and it's absolutely atrocious. They're purple-hued bulbs and you can't see a durn thing when that car is coming up on you, from in front or behind. PLEASE PLEASE don't do something like that! If you must install HIDs, keep them a warm color and keep them aimed low.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived