CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 Deville

CRC2362

Hey Everyone, I have a question that I have been meaning to ask for awhile now (about two years). I frequently push and hold the "No/reset" button on the DIC to make sure that "Monitored System(are)Ok". What systems are actually being monitored? It has never said anything but that. If something failed and a code was issued would it show up there? Any comments or input would be greatful. Thanks, Craig

I believe it would never say "monitored systems OK" if there were any serious codes set.

EDIT: Despite two B codes related to twilight sentinel (B120, B121) are always stored in my computer, it shows "monitored systems ok". Looks like it does not take them seriously to inform you immediately.

You do not have to wait for TWO years to ask a question! Do not be shy. :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

If something failed and a code was issued would it show up there?

Yes. The systems are constantly monitored. If any monitored sensor, actuator, valve etc fails, it will set a DTC. Some (emission related) will trip the MIL.

an example:

as some of you get the "check oil level" message when you first start the car in the morning, then you "think" it go's away after you restart the car a few minutes later. - When you don't have the "check oil level" message, but you didn't add oil, press the "reset", and it will not say "Monitored Systems OK", it'll read "check oil level". - I hope this makes sense.

Archived