CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacement Battery in 04 CTS

For the past week my CTS has had issues turning over. Same days it was hesitant, some days not at all, some days I'd sit w/ the car on for a few mins and when the "battery saver active" notice popped up, I'd give it a try and it would start up. Battery indicator reads ok while driving. I thought maybe it was the alternator or that something was draining the battery but when I took it to the dealer, they said it was my battery. Replacing it costs $210. That's outrageous!!! And none of the local parts stores carry a battery for the CTS.

Is being raped by the dealer my only option?

Blue Chip CTS - 3.6l, 20% tints, 20" Venti V56 rims

I would get the part number off your owner's manual and keep calling until I found one. Order one through your favorite parts store or even online if you have to. You can change the battery yourself.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Batteries are best obtained locally and bought while fresh. It's a standard battery. Just get the model number out of the owner's manual (or off the existing battery) and do a yellow pages for someone local that carries A/C Delco batteries and call them.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My 03 CTS battery finally crapped on me and I looked all over for a replacement...Walmart said it's a wierd size and they don't stock them so I ended up paying $200 at the dealership and yes it does seem outrages to me also!! They told me it is because it comes with a 6 year warranty but the factory battery isn't even that old.

Good luck. I did hear Sam's Club usually has the right size.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived