CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Platinum STS views

Here is the description from the order book for the Platinum Edition STS option:

NEW! Platinum Edition, includes exterior door handles with chrome inserts, specific grille, (PD5) 18" x 8" (45.6 cm x 20.3 cm) chrome wheels, (Q12) P235/50R18 front and P255/45R18 rear Michelin, W-rated, all-season, blackwall tires, (B18) Olive Ash Burl wood trim with Saddle stain, (N31) heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood accents, (JE5) performance 4-wheel antilock 4-wheel disc brakes, specific decklid emblem, premium floor mats and specific door sill plates

1 - Not available with (K59) Adaptive Cruise Control, (UV6) Head-Up Display, (PCZ) Performance Handling Package or Fleet order types. Available exterior colors are (30U) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair, (41U) Black Raven, (67U) Light Platinum, (77U) Glacier White and (98U) White Diamond. Interior trim is Tuscany Leather, available in (193) Ebony and (393) Cashmere with Cocoa accents.

and here is a link to an ebay auction for an 07 STS Platinum Edition, where you can see the specific grill, the chrome door handles,

the "Platinum" label for the trunk, and the specific wheels. Harder to see are the performance brakes.post-3-1192410914_thumb.jpg

The STS Platinum grill looks good to me. The chrome accents for the door handles work.

I would prefer to see the STS-V hood used on all STS's, as I think the flat, boring hood line is a problem in the STS styling. Here is a shot of the STS-V for comparison:

cadil1.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yes, although the XLR-V has 5-bolt wheels.

The STS-V wheels are described as 10-spoke 18-in. front, 19-in. rear, cast aluminum wheels with pearl nickel painted finish. The smaller front wheels vs rear wheels would make remembering tire rotation easy I suppose (no rotation).

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I went to tirerack.com to figure out the bolt pattern spacing and see they have some real good deals. they have some ASA? 19" chrome rims for a new STS for $59. hmm, i wonder if they would fit on a 96-97 STS? of course they only have 1 235-40-19 tire for $256 each. cheap wheels but expensive tires.

Here is the description from the order book for the Platinum Edition STS option:

NEW! Platinum Edition, includes exterior door handles with chrome inserts, specific grille, (PD5) 18" x 8" (45.6 cm x 20.3 cm) chrome wheels, (Q12) P235/50R18 front and P255/45R18 rear Michelin, W-rated, all-season, blackwall tires, (B18) Olive Ash Burl wood trim with Saddle stain, (N31) heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood accents, (JE5) performance 4-wheel antilock 4-wheel disc brakes, specific decklid emblem, premium floor mats and specific door sill plates

1 - Not available with (K59) Adaptive Cruise Control, (UV6) Head-Up Display, (PCZ) Performance Handling Package or Fleet order types. Available exterior colors are (30U) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair, (41U) Black Raven, (67U) Light Platinum, (77U) Glacier White and (98U) White Diamond. Interior trim is Tuscany Leather, available in (193) Ebony and (393) Cashmere with Cocoa accents.

and here is a link to an ebay auction for an 07 STS Platinum Edition, where you can see the specific grill, the chrome door handles,

the "Platinum" label for the trunk, and the specific wheels. Harder to see are the performance brakes.post-3-1192410914_thumb.jpg

The STS Platinum grill looks good to me. The chrome accents for the door handles work.

I would prefer to see the STS-V hood used on all STS's, as I think the flat, boring hood line is a problem in the STS styling. Here is a shot of the STS-V for comparison:

cadil1.jpg

I believe the problem with the STS hood is that is too rounded off.

The STS,and STS-V hoods are too round. They don't have the traditional Caddy lines.It's missing that edge at the tip of the hood.

The new CTS though has that like my 95 STS. Same with the XLR.The hood is flat.

This is just an opinion.

That's one reason the new CTS has a better design than the STS.

I never thought I would actually like the CTS better than the STS.

Florin

Archived