2007 CTS Sunroof power adjustment

Make / Models : Model/Build Years:

CADILLAC / CTS 2007

Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 07V468000 Mfr's Report Date : OCT 03, 2007

Component: STRUCTURE:BODY:ROOF AND PILLARS

Potential Number Of Units Affected : 9648

Summary:

CERTAIN VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 1008, 'POWER OPERATED WINDOW, PARTITION, AND ROOF PANEL SYSTEMS.' UNDER THE STANDARD, THE SUNROOF MAY ONLY BE CLOSED WHEN THE IGNITION IS ON, OR AFTER THE IGNITION IS TURNED OFF, BUT BEFORE EITHER OF THE FRONT DOORS ARE OPENED. THE AFFECTED VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT A CONDITION WHERE THE SUNROOF CAN BE CLOSED AFTER THE IGNITION IS TURNED OFF AND THE DOORS ARE OPENED.

Consequence:

THIS STANDARD SPECIFIES REQUIREMENTS FOR POWER OPERATED WINDOW, PARTITION, AND ROOF PANEL SYSTEMS TO MINIMIZE THE LIKELIHOOD OF DEATH OR INJURY FROM THEIR ACCIDENTAL OPERATION.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL INSTALL A WIRE HARNESS. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED A RECALL NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2339.

Notes:

GM RECALL NO. 07149. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION¿S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My car automatically closes the sunfroof when you open the doors. But, I think it has a safety torque clutch that won't break any bones.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Yes, this appears to be one of those safety ideas that is less convenient. Many people may prefer the behavior before the recall.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived