CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS/STS

Dasher

My dealer carries a large inventory. (I once counted 31 escalades, an inventory of almost 2 mil at retail and I was impressed.) He had a lot full of 2008 STS's and DTS's and not a single CTS. They are all spoken for before they arrive and customers aren't even being too fussy as to how they're equipped.

I saw the most expensive STS I have ever seen - nearly $67K which is up about $10k, for the top of the line, since 2000. Looks like they're moving the CTS up near the STS prices and making room for a less expensive Caddy down the line to replace the CTS. I didn't spend any time reading the sticker; but it wasn't tricked out with any extra chrome or anything. I did notice that somebody goofed up on ordering wooden wheels for the STS and they're being shipped w/o the wood and there is a credit on the invoice because the car doesn't have the wooden wheel. The same thing was true about the wooden wheels when I was there in early August when the first STS's came in.

Interesting. I knew the CTS was shipping with a credit for the wood on the steering wheel and shift knob, but I did not realize the STS was having the same issues.

I wish they would put the STS-V hood and side styling on ALL of the STS's; I think it really improves the look of the Cadillac.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The local dealer I bought my 2005 CTS is Crest Cadillac in Plano, Texas. They list on their web inventory 42, count 'em, 42 of the new 2008 CTS in stock; only 4 of them 1SB models (DI3.6L). Meanwhile, 14 ea 2008 DTS, 31 ea 2008 Escalades, (not including EXT or ESV models), 8 SRXs, 3 (three) STS, and 2 XLR's.

They have a CTS at $64,670! Stock #: C03197 but it is not clear why from the info on the site. Maybe that was the price if you wanted the first one they got?

When I search from gmbuypower.com instead of the dealer website, it looks like they are more evenly distributed between the 1SA and 1SB CTS models. It shows they only have 3 V6 STS's, no V8's, 17 3.6L CTS, and and 27 DI3.6L CTS's.

The most expensive CTS at Crest according to gmbuypower.com is $49,085. It is a 1SB with AWD, Premium Lux Collection, Lux I, Lux II, All Season Performance, Custom wheels, performance brake package, and White Diamond paint.

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price Standard

Vehicle Price: $34,545.00

Total Options: $13,795.00

Total Vehicle and Options: $48,340.00

Destination Charge: $745.00

Total Vehicle Price*: $49,085.00

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My dealer carries a large inventory. (I once counted 31 escalades, an inventory of almost 2 mil at retail and I was impressed.) He had a lot full of 2008 STS's and DTS's and not a single CTS. They are all spoken for before they arrive and customers aren't even being too fussy as to how they're equipped.

If the cars on the road (in my town) are any indication they haven't sold a single STS around here since 2004... Lots of Arts and Science CTS's Lots of 98-04 STS/SLS's Lots of 92-97's too... ZERO 2005 and newer STS's and I'm looking for them...

The Guys at GMInsideNews.com are convinced that the STS's days are numbered and GM will kill the car sometime in 2009 or 2010...

That will be a very dark day... Almost as sad for me as the day they kill Oldsmobile... Not quite... but a close second.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

If the cars on the road (in my town) are any indication they haven't sold a single STS around here since 2004... Lots of Arts and Science CTS's Lots of 98-04 STS/SLS's Lots of 92-97's too... ZERO 2005 and newer STS's and I'm looking for them...

The Guys at GMInsideNews.com are convinced that the STS's days are numbered and GM will kill the car sometime in 2009 or 2010...

That will be a very dark day... Almost as sad for me as the day they kill Oldsmobile... Not quite... but a close second.

Understand about you being sad that they are killing it off. I agree.

But as you said..... not a one in your town. If it ain't selling... they are not going to keep it.

My understanding is, they are going to merge the STS and the bigger DTS into one car... maybe called the XTS. Thats the latest rumor I heard anyway. :D

Posted Image

Ya I've heard that too... This is just terrible marketing in my book and even worse product planning. First they make the distinctive flagship STS that looked like nothing else, look just like a slightly bigger CTS... Then they make the CTS bigger so that it might compete with a 5 series. The sad truth is that CTS is now competing mostly with the STS...

And, it pains me to say this but, the CTS is a better car at a lower price.

Bring back a bigger, distinctive STS, and it will sell.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived