CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

This type of BS ticks me off

JIMDTS

I seen the post about lic. Plate covers on the newer devilles Cadillac went LOW buck on these

It ticks me off too My car came from texas I assume they use front & rear plates My stste does not use 2 plates just a rear plate anyway the new type lic holder it just riveted or screwed to the front bumper cover

Real crappy too I played hell after I removed the plate holder I have 4 nice ragged holes in the front bumper cover I had to cut the bumper cover ragged holes so they would be smooth So I could install flat type plugs fasteners into the bumper cover. Lucky I know a fastener place that carries every type fastener made. I had to sort through a bunch of them to find some that would look like sensors in the front bumper cover. It’s non issue now The alternative is get the holes fixed & the bumper cover repainted. This is BS IMHO. The fasteners I used are black I had to have the body shop paint them the correct color .Lucky they had a plat color cts ready to paint so all the painter had to do is shoot the fasteners.One day I’ll have the holes fixed no issue now. I may just leave it as is & install the lic plate holder when I trade it in I will just use double stick tape it will work. On the older models they used the plate cover built into the front bumper It's GONE now

Another fine F job from Cadillac. When I brought the car home the lic plate holder bugged me with NO plate on it & looked like hell too. Thanks Cadillac!

Here’s the pix

Jim

I read some posts about GM is going to have more monies to build better cars after the new contract I will have to see it to BELIEVE IT

IMG_2280.jpg?t=1191158532

IMG_2367.jpg?t=1191158610

I had to sort through a bunch of them to find some that would look like sensors in the front bumper cover.

So, in this amazing day and age of electronics and stuff you can't see - why in the world haven't they made those bumper sensors invisible? In most of the cars I've seen them on - they wreck the nice smooth lines of the bumpers. What gives?

I had to sort through a bunch of them to find some that would look like sensors in the front bumper cover.

So, in this amazing day and age of electronics and stuff you can't see - why in the world haven't they made those bumper sensors invisible? In most of the cars I've seen them on - they wreck the nice smooth lines of the bumpers. What gives?

I agree about the sensors on the bumpers. Also agree about the license plate holder. It is UGLY. A big ole piece of black plastic screwed onto the front of the car. I hate it. It totally destroys the nice clean lines of the front end.

My first '06 DTS had it. On this one the dealer did not install it at make ready when I picked up the car and I have not taken it back to GET it installed.

Sooner of later I will get stopped and get a ticket for it, but until then it WILL NOT be put on my car.

Big ole UGLY piece of black plastic on the White Lightning paint. I don't think so.

Here is a pic WITHOUT it. :D

post-3613-1191165555_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

coolness & TJ

I'm sure the setup with the sensors & lic. plate holder is low buck stuff save a few dollars on every car here & there and pretty soon you are talking some real monies. Which is BS IMHO on Cadillac cars That lic plate holder is really a BAD idea I can understand why the Engineers did this. It is just unexceptable Someone must either be STUID or lazy or cheap & stupid I go with the cheap & stupid not to check this stuff out prior to the final design. Note to Cadillac Engineers WAKE UP STUPID IF you a concerned about cost go design/build lessor model cars. Go back to the older style lic plate cover This is just a minor thing However other items I don't like about the car All this little BS things add up & if enough of them keep happening MY next car may be from another maker.

Jim

coolness & TJ

I'm sure the setup with the sensors & lic. plate holder is low buck stuff save a few dollars on every car here & there and pretty soon you are talking some real monies.

I was astounded to see those stupid sensor things on Bentleys and the like - they sure aren't trying to save dough when they build those things

coolness & TJ

However other items I don't like about the car All this little BS things add up & if enough of them keep happening MY next car may be from another maker.

Jim

Jim,

What are some of the other things you don't like about the car? If I can help with something... let me know.

One thing on mine that ticks me off just a little.... when I use remote start... the A/C seats don't turn on. On the other one that was in the fire, they turned on when you used remote start. Need to ask the dealer about that. I know .... that is a minor thing, but why don't they work the same way? The two cars are identical, except this one has NAV and the first one didn't.

Overall, I like mine pretty well. Except for the front license plate holder. :D I have had a couple of things that I took it back to the dealer for. All were fixed promptly and correctly.

After finding these forums on the internet... I know for a fact, I will be using them before I ever buy another car. :D:D:D

If I was considering ... for instance... a Mercedes... I would find a Mercedes forum and read it for about 6 months before I bought one. I might find out the Mercedes has it's share of issues also.... which would be BAD....or maybe not... which would be GOOD.

Let me know what there is about your DTS you don't like.

Posted Image

If I was considering ... for instance... a Mercedes...

The dark side . . . .

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The dark side . . . .

Warren,

I said "IF" and "FOR INSTANCE" :D:D Maybe should have said Impala Super Sport. :D At least it would still be GM.

I don't think, being a Good Ole Boy, Redneck, Texan, I would fit real well in a Mercedes anyway. It just wouldn't be "RIGHT."

Posted Image

The dark side . . . .

Warren,

I said "IF" and "FOR INSTANCE" :D:D Maybe should have said Impala Super Sport. :D At least it would still be GM.

I don't think, being a Good Ole Boy, Redneck, Texan, I would fit real well in a Mercedes anyway. It just wouldn't be "RIGHT."

:D :D :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Hi Everyone

As a whole I like the car. I feel the 01 DTS I traded in had a much better build quality.

The 07 the bottom seat cushions are leather on the seating surface which that has been all

Along with many Cadillac’s. The part that gets me is now the very sides of the bottom cushion are cloth material that looks like sh** it almost appears that they ran out of leather to finish off the seat so the pieced in some material. If you get that material dirty between the console & seats it will be real hard to clean

They probably will tell you it was do to the seats making noise when adjusting the seats rubbing the console My A it was cost cutting PERIOD much cheaper to use that cheap material than leather or vinyl Just small things but they add up The carpeting leaves a lot to be desired CHEAP stuff IMHO These are small issues that could have been much better Big deal charge a couple hundred bucks more for the car for the upgrade in quality materials The door locks on the inside are old school the button that sticks up is cheap The older ones had that piece molded so that when it was locked it looked like part of the door panel Not a cheap button sticking up I bet the engineer took credit for the design cost savings Which if I was chief engineer you would be put in another job or HISTORY if you kept doing crappy designs

Jim

Archived