CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Removed Dealer Badge

Cupillac

I removed my dealer badge today (inspired from an old topic..jimsdts)

The fishingline worked great then I rubbed the glue off, and then cleaned the area with some mineral spirits, but there is still a light outline of the badge, any suggestions?

Thanks

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I would try a little auto polish or polishing compound on it.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I used some Auto polish and it took the outline off no prob, but now there is a light mark. (looks a little faded) This was behind the badge.

-W.Kingdon

Anyone have any suggestions to remove this mark?

It's a light white colour, can't seem to remove it. I'm not sure if it can be buffed out.

-W.Kingdon

Hi

I would use automotive rubbing compound. 3m fine cut probably remove the outline.

Just make a pad from a old cotton towel and rub away to remove the mark.Don't be afraid to use some force and a lot of compound then finish it off with some wax.. Just watch that you don't rub so much that you rub through the paint..

Good Luck

Jim

You can polish all you want....it wont go away....

You are seeing a ghost image from sun fade. We use the see this all the time with the grille kits with the new 'SLS' tag. You could still see the image of the 'seville.'

Park the car with its *smurf* in the max sun mode area. About 3-6 months the ghost image will go away. Or I guess....fade away....

I took the 'Seville' and 'SLS' off my deck lid. I expected a ghost image, I saw this many times from past years of owning a body shop. I was pleasantly surprised to see that once I washed the area with lighter fluid and polished then waxed it, it looked like the emblem was never there! My car is dk green.

Archived