CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Horn Blows

On my 2000 Seville.. I changed the fuse and it seemed to work fine.. Worked good both by hitting the horn and through the keyless rmt for alarm.. I then drove from my house about 20 mins to work.. I was making a U turn and the horn beeped and quit working.. Got to work and the fuse was blown again.. I just swapped out the breaker with the one for the fog lights that I don't have and changed the fuse.. want to see if that could be it.. Does anyone know of a common problem with these 2000 Sevilles?? Maybe a service bulletin?? Or any helpful input would be nice :blink:

Thanks.. :D

OK, I just went out and messed with it again real quick.. If I just tap the horn it's fine. And it works fine with the keyless rmt.. But if I lay on it for a second it blows the fuse.. So the breaker is fine.. Still blowing the fuses.. :blink:

Well now I'm just talking to myself :blink: But I went back out and unplugged one of the horns and it kinda sounds the same.. But it doesn't blow a fuse anymore.. I can lean on it and it works.. I'm not to smart, But does this mean I have a bad horn? The one working is fine with me.. Sounds plenty loud.. I'm out of fuses so I don't want to plug the one back in..

• 2 weeks later...

If it honked while turning, and you are sure that you didn't accidentally hit the horn button while turning, then you probably do have a short in the steering column.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived