CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

XM Radio Module

weephee

A note of caution. I see an xm radio module for sale on ebay that was from an 03 deville. I just wanted those who read this forum to know that these modules can not be transferred from one vehicle to another. They can not be programmed to another vin number. If you were to transfer the PCM, radio and all the other modules then it would work. I have tried it from an 02 seville to an 03 seville. My 02 has navigation and XM but I had to transfer all modules, instrument cluster etc. Now that I have XM, I wonder how I drove without it. If someone wants OEM equipment, a NEW XM module is worth approx $800 and it must be programmed whereas a used one can not.

I agree about the XM radio. How did I drive without it? :rolleyes: Paid for a 3 year subscription. It is cheaper that way. Love the DECADES channels. Will be getting one for my van before long.

Had to take a little 400 mile trip last Saturday. Listened to old shows of The Lone Ranger, The Shadow and The Great Gildersleeve. Sure helped time pass faster.

Most of the board members are probably too young to remember THOSE shows.

Posted Image

GM has a service bulletin about swapping modules. Many wont work if they are using a VIN program. The VIN can be entered 1 time and thats it. Lots of used modules or on eBay will not work for this reason.

I got a great deal on my DTS cluster this way. Didnt know if the cluster would work or not. Luckly, the DTS cluster turned out to be plug and play.

GM has a service bulletin about swapping modules. Many wont work if they are using a VIN program. The VIN can be entered 1 time and thats it. Lots of used modules or on eBay will not work for this reason.

I got a great deal on my DTS cluster this way. Didnt know if the cluster would work or not. Luckly, the DTS cluster turned out to be plug and play.

Logan, I believe the instrument cluster for sevilles can be re-programmed. I have had to change a few to go from US instrumentation to Canadian. As far as I know, the only module that can not be re-programmed is the XM module. I may be wrong.

Archived