CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Used Cadillac Stuff Really Cheap

WarrenJ

USED CADILLAC STUFF REALLY CHEAP

A few months back, just before my Dad died, I contacted Bruce and explained that after “Baby” (my ’95 Eldorado) had burned to the ground, I was left with a key fob (and not much else!) that, while perfectly functional, served no useful purpose for me. Its key imprints are blurred, but the fob is otherwise functional. I'd like to revisit that subject now.

I thought it might be a good idea to ask any members here who might have a use for it to become a Supporter and have Bruce email me with the name/address of the first respondent to that offer and I would ship it at my expense. Caddyinfo gains a Supporter and a useful key fob finds a home at a neat price. Well, the logistics got quickly out of hand.

I also have a perfectly functional trunk mount radio for a base ’95 Eldorado. It gathers dust.

I don’t care to make a profit on this “stuff,” but it goes to waste sitting on a shelf. Do others of you have similar “stuff?”

Would anyone think it possible to establish a “Clearing House” here for members? It would be neat in my view if a “recipient,” as the price of admission, were to become a “Supporter.” This runs the risk, however, of the “recipient” becoming an eBay seller. It also doesn’t address how a current Supporter might take advantage. Of course, a "recipient" would pay postage.

Okay, call me crazy (or NOT)! Any thoughts? What "stuff" is on your shelf? A visor? A glove box door? A rear armrest cup holder? A dash defroster grille? One of those "umbrella holders" (whatever that is!)?

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Please keep in mind this ISN'T sanctioned by Bruce.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I think its a great idea. I wouldn't worry about whether people would want to sell stuff on eBay; those get-it-flip-it guys usually are after volume or big bucks stuff, and this idea isn't like that.

I don't have a really good answer for how supporters would get stuff, but it seems to me that most of the guys putting things up for grabs would be more likely to be the supporters than the guys who need things. I think that as a Supporter I wouldn't mind donating another $20 to the board if I wanted something put up by another member.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Great idea.

I had a hard-to-find fog light bracket which I didn't need and recycled. I'm sure someone might have used it. I'm always looking for some trim item or another to replace one that cracked, rattled, rusted or blew off.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

sounds like a good idea. I have some good parts from my '92 Seville.....I will have to look in my box of goodies.

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Jims 97 ETC, Spurlee, & Caddynut,

Thanks for your good thoughts guys, but the idea just didn't seem to gain any traction.

I still have that '95 Eldorado fob and the trunk mount radio.

Regards,

Warren :unsure:

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

set up a " Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds " ?

Good, but I had in mind something else ... something that would profit the Board by producing new Supporters at a price the new Supporters would enjoy.

Sort of an offer they couldn't resist . . . Okay, couldn't refuse :lol: .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived