CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Getting Flowmaster Exhaust on the 97 seville

The seville is in the shop right now getting some flowmaster 50 delta flows on it right now. I'm not sure if I'll like it or not, so I'm holding on to the stock mufflers too. I'll post a video when I get it back tomorrow.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Nice muffler -- I installed this exact same model of muffler on my 88 Eldorado and I like it. It's the quietest muffler Flowmaster makes and it is just slightly louder than a stock muffler. I did not notice any more exhaust noise in the cabinn.

IPB Image

Thanks for the input! That's exactly what I want is just a little rumble, but nothing too loud to make it sound annoying in the cabin.

In your pictures, is the white one the eldorado biarritz?

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

It's just a little louder when you punch it. I find it amazing that they could make the muffler this quiet with just baffles cancelling out the sound. The blue car is the Eldorado Biarritz. The Biarritz was the fancy model with upgraded seats and a huge astroroof. The white car is what my 93 Allante looks like.

You can find out more about Allante's here. The 93 Allante was the last year and the most powerful since it came with a 295 hp Northstar engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Allant%C3%A9

IPB Image

I wish I could get an allante, but they are so impossible to find.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

I wish I could get an allante, but they are so impossible to find.

Ask Ed Hall about replacement part prices (GULP!). You need to be a total enthusiast to own one of those.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I bet those are impossible to find stuff for. I just saw one driving around the other day, but it wasn't a convertible.

I just got the car back yesterday and it finally stopped raining long enough to take a video. It was really windy so it's kind of noisy, but you'll get the most of it.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

All Allante's were convertible. It probably didn't look like a convertible because the hard top was on.

Yes, replacement parts can be very expensive on these cars. Parts such as taillights and bumper are no longer made so they are extremely expensive.

I'll have to get my sound hooked up to listen to your video on youtube. Is it quiet enough?

IPB Image

I love the look of allantes and to get one with a northstar is my dream, but they are hard to come by.

Yeah it's nice and quiet. I can barely hear it on the inside. It's just a nice little rumble.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

someone had a 88 allante for sale about 6 months where i live in the local paper. our paper has a feature where it can be listed until it sells if the price is below a certain amount. i think the 88 was listed for 3-4k. there was also a 93 listed for several months. they are out there.

I've actually found a bunch around where you live, but it's a little far for me to drive for a car. I don't have any room right now for another vehicle anyway :)

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

There's a gold one for sale here in Chicago - excellent condition - that shows up at the Friday night muscle car meet in Rolling Meadows at the Meijer store lot.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Actually, yes. I was not looking for extra power, but I did recieve a little more low-end torque which is good because the STSs lack the low-end torque that the SLSs and devilles have. I still have the same powerband up top, but the low-end feels like the 275 HP northstar now. I can't comment on fuel economy yet because I haven't driven it enough. I'll make sure to let you know what happens.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

I just got the car back yesterday and it finally stopped raining long enough to take a video. It was really windy so it's kind of noisy, but you'll get the most of it.

That sounds sweet! You've got me thinkin' now . . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

John,

I ended up doing all the work myself. Luckily, there was no frame damage. I had some estimates done but it was much more than I wanted to pay. Since the hood was aluminum, it was not repairable and the wrecking yards wanted over $2k for a used one. However, I spent a couple days on the hood and got it all straightened out. The only parts I've replaced are the headlight, fender and bumper cover. Some day when I have a better place to work on it, I'll replace the inner fender rail. It got pretty bent up but I got it straightened out enough to put the replacement fender on.

IPB Image

Archived