CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Paint

tom karen

Anyone here who has had collision work done know if there is a wait period before you can wax it?

I can remember when there was but the paint shop didn't warn me and now I am uncertain.

Paint was done about 5 weeks ago. Any advise would be appreciated

post-3-1081627177.jpg

I don't know for sure if there is a waiting period or not. When my front end was done I was not advised of one. I would think 5 weeks is more than enough time.

Five weeks have passed? Wash it now, but do it by hand and do it using the right products.

You can wax it now too if you want.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Ask the shop that did the work - if the paint was cured in the spray booth, then you should be able to wax the car immediately.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Ask the shop that did the work - if the paint was cured in the spray booth, then you should be able to wax the car immediately.

I believe that EPA regulations require that all body shops either have a spray booth or have access to one. This is in line with the fact that aerosol car paint is probably one of the most environmentally nasty substances that can enter the air and the human body and the EPA wants to keep both these types of exposures to an absolute minimum.

The odds are your body shop used a spray booth in which case, no matter whether you wait a while or do it right away, five weeks is sufficient time.

Go wash that baby!! :D

(As I previously posted, do it by hand the first time and for all practical purposes, you should wash by hand all the time)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived