CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 Seville STS or 2000 Catera?

brendav

I am interested in purchasing a 94 Seville STS. This car has 71K and the asking price is $7000.

I have not seen the car in person yet but from talking to the dealer and viewing pictures I would say it is in great condition. Are there certain things I should look for? any problems on this year/model car I should know about before? What about the price? is that fair? inflated beyond belief? Anything else I should know?

I have also been looking at a Catera , this is a 2000 and has 89K. The dealer is asking 8200 for this. once again, I have just spoken with them, not actually seen the car. Anything on this ?

thanks for any and ALL help you can give me. I have never owned a cadillac so I'm not really that up on all of it.

Those both seem high to me, although http://www.kbb.com does suggest that an excellent 97 STS with that mileage might cost $7.7K. I would stay with a Seville/Deville/Eldorado over a Catera, since the Catera is of a similar weight and mpg but has less power.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Those both seem high to me, although http://www.kbb.com does suggest that an excellent 97 STS with that mileage might cost $7.7K. I would stay with a Seville/Deville/Eldorado over a Catera, since the Catera is of a similar weight and mpg but has less power.

Catera? :wacko:

Life is too short to grow up!

$7000 is WAY too high for a '94 STS. I would insist on $3500 or less. Go in armed with a Kelly Blue Book figure. Also get a NADA quote (both are available free online) and see what they suggest.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

$7000 is WAY too high for a '94 STS. I would insist on $3500 or less. Go in armed with a Kelly Blue Book figure. Also get a NADA quote (both are available free online) and see what they suggest.

I would go armed with a black book and throw it in their face knowing what they got it for :P

Archived