CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

code -ac1313- can anyone help me with this.

BMRAMR

i have the code ac1313 current on a 1996 eldorado with 95000 miles on it. i know this code means a High Side Temp Sensor Short Circuit, can any tell me how to changed this sensor, where it is located on the engine. thanks in advanvce for any help.

Look at the A/C line running across the firewall. There are two sensors in that line as I recall. The High Side Temp Sensor is the one on the divers side. You will have to evacuate the system to R & R it and then vacuum down and recharge.

This is from a '95 manual, but I'd guess it is the same as yours.

Regards,

Warren

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBuc...fridgeLines.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Unplug the high side temp. sensor and then turn the ignition to ON. Enter diagnostics and see if the current code changes to the "open circuit" code. If it does, the problem is definitely the sensor. If it is still the short circuit, the problem is in the wiring to the sensor.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Unplug the high side temp. sensor and then turn the ignition to ON. Enter diagnostics and see if the current code changes to the "open circuit" code. If it does, the problem is definitely the sensor. If it is still the short circuit, the problem is in the wiring to the sensor.

Great piece of advice here - this forum is great for money saving tips....

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Archived