CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Side view mirrors

mjc1313

Check with http://www.gmotors.com ; if they are electro-chromatic then you need replacement glass, and they kind of pop out/in on a swivel socket if you are careful not to pop them.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

New OEM glass from Brasington Cadillac will be $248.00 for both sides. The left side is $180.00 because of the electrochromatic function. Add tax if you live in Florida.

Full retail at a walk-in dealer parts counter is $306.00 for the left glass.

I am waiting for parts myself to replace my failed left mirror with glass from a different model. If what I am trying to accomplish works as planned, I will have a take-off right glass that will be for sale. My parts should arrive today (3/16).

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hey Guys,

I have been buying car stuff on eBay for over four years but I have never, NEVER gotten a deal like the one I got on this auction in the link below. My driver's side mirror had become cloudy on my '93 Sixty Special. I stopped at the local glass shop to see if they could replace just the glass and they told me nope. He further said, " You will need a complete new mirror since it is heated and light sensitive." And then he said I would be shocked when I saw the price from GM on one of them. Well, I did check and the GM list price was over $510! Even the garage price was around $383! And it would still have to be painted and installed. So, I started searching on eBay and if you click the link below you will see what I paid for the one I got. And, yes, it was brand-new in the GM box! Unbelievable.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=130062559956

I have always had good luck with Ebay. I have bought mirrors for $15.00+/-. Sometimes you have to be patient though.

This is the only way I can afford to buy many of the GM OEM parts. They are just so ridiculously overpriced. I feel this is primarily so the dealers can reap the huge profits off of the customers who always have everything done by the dealer. I mean if you look at the mirror I bought on eBay, can you truly justify that mirror being worth $510? :o

I have always had good luck with Ebay. I have bought mirrors for $15.00+/-. Sometimes you have to be patient though.

This is the only way I can afford to buy many of the GM OEM parts. They are just so ridiculously overpriced. I feel this is primarily so the dealers can reap the huge profits off of the customers who always have everything done by the dealer. I mean if you look at the mirror I bought on eBay, can you truly justify that mirror being worth $510? :o

Ebay is great for parts, my buddy Matt and i are parting out a 2000 sts. We have only one mirror left (drivers side) and its dark blue, if your interested, you can email me, or check out our listings on ebay, they are under mattburke82.

Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Some glass shops for as little as 30 bucks will cut you out a mirror and put it over the top of the old one, you loose the electronic part of it but from what I have heard its worked out pretty good, but 15 bucks for that over priced OEM one certainly the way to go :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived