CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dad bought a new Caddy!

nitrous1

I only saw it briefly last night. White Diamond paint and DVD entertainment system seem to be the only options he got. I plan on checking it out better this weekend.

This makes 2 Caddie's for my parents now. Mom drives a 2000 Crimson Pearl ESC.

Grats. The ESV's seem nice if you need all that room for something. Having a DVD entertainment system makes it great for trips.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I only saw it briefly last night. White Diamond paint and DVD entertainment system seem to be the only options he got. I plan on checking it out better this weekend.

This makes 2 Caddie's for my parents now. Mom drives a 2000 Crimson Pearl ESC.

I checked out the Escalade on Saturday. It's a 2004 GM PEP vehicle with 8,000 miles on it. White Diamond paint, DVD system and 17" chrome wheels. MSRP of ~$61,800 - Dad's price after employee discount and PEP discount - ~$43,500. For those of you wondering, PEP stands for Product Evaluation Program. It's a really nice looking truck and it rides nice and smooth - the main reason he bought it was the smooth ride. He other choice was a Deville DHS, but he thought it was too stiff a ride.

MY dad owns a 1985 Eldo with the infamous 4.1! I know you are all jealous right now! It is in real nice condition, and I fixed the engine problems, before they became problems, at my expense. Is there anybody out there who has a nice example of a car with the 4100, that hasn't blown up yet? Just wondering.

I sold my '84 Deville a couple years ago that had the 4100. I believe it had 140,000 miles on it when I sold it - no problems with it at all. Ran Mobile One synthetic in it for at least 100,000 miles. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones.

However, I recall Guru saying that it was a pretty reliable engine......

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

MY dad owns a 1985 Eldo with the infamous 4.1! I know you are all jealous right now! It is in real nice condition, and I fixed the engine problems, before they became problems, at my expense. Is there anybody out there who has a nice example of a car with the 4100, that hasn't blown up yet? Just wondering.

My Dad sold his '85 Fleetwood Brougham in 1994 with 191,000 miles on the odometer. The last time he saw the car, it had 250,000 on it.

Keeping the coolant changed every 2 years/24,000 miles and using the GM coolant pellets/Bar's Leaks golden seal is the key to a long life for the HT-4100 engine.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I forgot to mention that a friend of mine had an '84 Coupe deVille and he sold it at 172,000 miles.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived