CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS-V Wagon?

Playtime98

Did a google image search for CTS-V and saw this.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/concept_archive.shtml

enjoy

I happen to like station wagons a lot having grown up in an early 1960's Impala station wagon.

For about two years, I kept e-mailing GM telling them to bring back the Impala (no doubt about 1/2 million other people e-mailed them as well) and when they finally brought it back, low and behold, it's their most popular selling car AND it's now the most popular selling vehicle of any car in its price range.

Glad to see someone at GM is listening.... :rolleyes:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I love station wagons, and I think that CTS Avant looks sharp. I also like the SRX in that respect though -- a station wagon with the Northstar engine. :)

I really like the recent Impalas. A lot of people had heartburn about them being FWD, but that's just a sign of the times. No doubt, some of the old-schoolers don't consider the 94-96 Impalas to be "real" Impalas either (automatic only, computer control, what's with that?). I'm glad most people can see past the trivialities like that and accept the vehicle for what it really is -- good full size (by today's standards) transportation. I am glad they're finally putting a real engine into the Impala SS (the S/C 3800). I'd like to see the SS Impala get the LD8 Northstar, but for all I know, our V8 engine might not fit in the Impala's engine bay.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

.... I am glad they're finally putting a real engine into the Impala SS (the S/C 3800). I'd like to see the SS Impala get the LD8 Northstar, but for all I know, our V8 engine might not fit in the Impala's engine bay.

Pontiac does it. Where there is a will and a market.......

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I love station wagons, and I think that CTS Avant looks sharp. I also like the SRX in that respect though -- a station wagon with the Northstar engine. :)

I really like the recent Impalas. A lot of people had heartburn about them being FWD, but that's just a sign of the times. No doubt, some of the old-schoolers don't consider the 94-96 Impalas to be "real" Impalas either (automatic only, computer control, what's with that?). I'm glad most people can see past the trivialities like that and accept the vehicle for what it really is -- good full size (by today's standards) transportation. I am glad they're finally putting a real engine into the Impala SS (the S/C 3800). I'd like to see the SS Impala get the LD8 Northstar, but for all I know, our V8 engine might not fit in the Impala's engine bay.

I know a lot of women who currently drive Cadillacs because they are FWD. Their jaws dropped and their faces showed disappointment and anger when they heard Cadillac was going back to RWD. They don't want RWD, especially in the winter and especially here in New Jersey where winters are mostly ICE.

They also don't want to pay extra for AWD and they are viewing the concept of AWD as an option costing more money, a clever "trick" as a few of them complained.

They want FWD, they love FWD and they will punk down their hard earned $$$ on a large car with FWD which means that they will jump ship from Cadillac and believe it or not, go to the Impala.

Not everyone drives Cadillac because it's a "sporty, large, fast car". Women generally drive them because they are viewed as very safe in a world (State) where most insane and inept drivers are behind the wheel of massive SUV's and trucks.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I love station wagons, and I think that CTS Avant looks sharp.  I also like the SRX in that respect though -- a station wagon with the Northstar engine.  :)

I really like the recent Impalas.  A lot of people had heartburn about them being FWD, but that's just a sign of the times.  No doubt, some of the old-schoolers don't consider the 94-96 Impalas to be "real" Impalas either (automatic only, computer control, what's with that?).  I'm glad most people can see past the trivialities like that and accept the vehicle for what it really is -- good full size (by today's standards) transportation.  I am glad they're finally putting a real engine into the Impala SS (the S/C 3800).  I'd like to see the SS Impala get the LD8 Northstar, but for all I know, our V8 engine might not fit in the Impala's engine bay.

Their jaws dropped and their faces showed disappointment and anger when they heard Cadillac was going back to RWD.

Almost 20 years ago, when the first FWD cars were being introduced, the reaction was the opposite - traditionalists wanted to stay with RWD. Now, it's come full circle...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think what's happened in the car industry is that everyone has come to appreciate FWD in terms of safety.

It now looks like at least a few car manufacturers want to make safety an "optional feature", so they can charge more for AWD. Yuk!!

Don't get too upset here. I think that there will be FWD cars in various manufacturers lineups for some time...

Marika, tell the ladies who are upset over the rwd cars that they can still get their devilles in FWD for a long time.

I think that the real press for the rear wheel drive is the continual carping of the enthusiate press ( all the auto Buff Books....) about front wheel drive. These are guys that drive with stringbacked driving gloves and funny hats that are appalled if they squeek the tires and couldn't tell if the car is rear wheel drive or front wheel drive for the most part....but they "KNOW" that "REAL" drivers drive rear wheel drive cars so they whip the buying public into a frenzy for rear wheel drive cars and lambast the manufacturers for not supplying them.... doesn't matter if the real public needs front wheel drive....the press writes that you have to have rear wheel drive to have a real "drivers" car. Ever seen a positive article about an STS...???? They test the car in the dry on a race track against rear wheel drive cars (just what the average joe does....LOL) and then just cnventiently forget about the FWD attributes in foul weather.

It isn't just to sell more expensive AWD cars.

But...all those people like Bruce that live down south could generall care less about FWD as they rarely if ever need the traction....and lots of them want RWD cars.

Sooo....the best answer for any company like Cadillac is to offer ALL types of cars. Trucks, SUV's, FWD, RWD, AWD, etc. Several years ago Cadillac didn't have anything but FWD cars....that is not right either as much as l personally like FWD cars. Nothing to take to the track and have real fun with without tearing up the front tires eventually....LOL

Now Cadillac has an excellent mix of all types of vehicles for all sorts of tastes. FWD Devilles and DTS, CTS and CTS-V with RWD , SRX with RWD and AWD and V8 and V6, etc.... pretty cool I think.

It is getting to be a good thing when enthusiates argue over which Cadillac is best suited for their purpose...rather than which other car brand to buy because they cannot get what they want from Cadillac. You guys never had it so good.!!!

Marika, tell the ladies who are upset over the rwd cars that they can still get their devilles in FWD for a long time.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) !!!!!

(all the ladies smiling)

Several years ago Cadillac didn't have anything but FWD cars....

I believe Cadillac has always offered a RWD model. I think Cateras were available before the last Fleetwood rolled out of Arlington.

Archived