CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Do you have this in America?

today in the UK, police are testing roadside equipment that takes the drivers (or any passengers) fingerprints at the roadside and checks them against a national database.

the idea is that motorists are easier to stop than criminals and if the police stop enough motorists sooner or later they'll find a criminal with an outstanding warrant.

at the moment the equipment is being tested and there is no legislation that says the driver must give a fingerprint, but it's been reported that the police will arrest any driver that doesn't co-operate!

arrested for not giving a voluntary test! who knows a good lawyer?

today in the UK, police are testing roadside equipment that takes the drivers (or any passengers) fingerprints at the roadside and checks them against a national database.

the idea is that motorists are easier to stop than criminals and if the police stop enough motorists sooner or later they'll find a criminal with an outstanding warrant.

at the moment the equipment is being tested and there is no legislation that says the driver must give a fingerprint, but it's been reported that the police will arrest any driver that doesn't co-operate!

arrested for not giving a voluntary test! who knows a good lawyer?

We don't have it yet,

But it wouldn't surprise me.

So many laws on the books- they can find a reason to arrest you.

Alot of times you have to break one law in order to satisfy another.. *sigh*

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My question would be Are they keeping your prints on file or just checking them and deleteing?

Once they get ahold of a piece of you they own it,

That's why you should never be in bed with the government :lol:

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

The other side of the coin is, could that replace your Drivers Lic. ? and a bar code on your window instead of a reg. card <_<

We're going to have another revolution.

Or we're all going to die.

If we have the revolution I am going to become dead OR a king :blink:

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

the claim here in the UK is that the prints will be deleted at the end of the day.

somehow i don't really trust for that to happen.

as far as i know my fingerprints are not on file, at least not on one with my name on it.

what a great way to covertly gather information on the population.

Nigel, hard to say but it looks like things are going towards biometrics or I think thats the word. No wallet needed just make sure you have your thumb, ATMs, open your car, house etc.

Maybe bad Maybe good, I figure the Gov. already has the info anyway just not your prints

Bottom line Don't break the Law (and get caught :lol: )

Laws keep honest people honest. As The "Bob" has quoted ((Dylan of course)but I belive the Guru has the same wisdom) "To live outside the law, one must be very honest"

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Laws keep honest people honest. As The "Bob" has quoted ((Dylan of course)but I belive the Guru has the same wisdom) "To live outside the law, one must be very honest"

I don't know that "To live outside the law, one must be very honest" makes sense,,

But I use to commit 1-4 felonies every day and I was VERY honest.. :unsure:

That sure is ood, isn't it,

Commiting felonies in number- yet not ever stealing,

or ever causing harm,

Sure is odd

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Archived