CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

T-Shifter handle

mmarinov

Hey all:

The shifter handle in my Eldo is somewhat broken in the fact that it is not tight on the shifter rod itself. The clip is inserted all the way and the previous owner used silicone caulk to keep it in place (delicious wtf'ery I must say). The caulk aside, it still moves about the shifter a little and is a bit irritating now that I'm doing WOT's and actually needing more than 'D' :P

I've tried Ebay and Google alike and cannot seem to find a good source for a classy-looking replacement.

Not that I have anything against the OEM version per se - I just thought a matching wood grain or polished chrome/aluminum handle might look better. Has anyone else done this or can someone recommend a resource?

Not to be OT within the post, but since I've done a few WOT's my EGR pintle codes have disappeared. Can I assume that this is logically related or am I just being lucky?

Thanks!

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

Hey all:

Not to be OT within the post, but since I've done a few WOT's my EGR pintle codes have disappeared. Can I assume that this is logically related or am I just being lucky?

Thanks!

The northstar is very good at building up carbon. And doing frequent WOTs helps to reduce that build up. Probably dislodged some problematic carbon chunks while doing your WOTs. Nice going.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

The northstar is very good at building up carbon. And doing frequent WOTs helps to reduce that build up. Probably dislodged some problematic carbon chunks while doing your WOTs. Nice going.

So I've heard...that's what made me wonder. See, without you guys and the Guru's advice I'd probably be buying a new EGR instead :lol:

I had the perfect opportunity tonight - I was behind a semi in the "fast" lane and he was waiting to merge right. Forunately, there was another semi to our right and he slowed down to about 45....the rest is history!

Thanks for the input; have a great holiday.

Mark

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

Heheeee...I had to read your post again. When you said "semi" I immediately thought you were refering to a vehicle with a Hemi engine. Just about had coffee coming out the ol nostrils. I knew it was too good to be true. LOL

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Heheeee...I had to read your post again. When you said "semi" I immediately thought you were refering to a vehicle with a Hemi engine. Just about had coffee coming out the ol nostrils. I knew it was too good to be true. LOL

It could happen, easily, particularly at highway speeds.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Yep when you are already moving at a decent speed , a caddy will run right with them hemi's

Nice, really? I read somewhere that those station-wagon thingys (semis?!) run at 460 something hp with the turbocharger...

The only "fast" production car I have raced (and smoked!) was a newer Mustang (the garden variety V8, nothing special). Well, that was with OE plugs and wires on my side :lol:

Seriously though, I had a reman Olds 403 in a previous life and I thought that was fast. This whole N* thing is a little scary with the pedal to the metal. Especially for a Caddy! Honestly, I bought my Eldo for looks, not speed. Before I joined this forum I thought the highlight of the N* was the Camel feature.

Archived