CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1992 STS moon roof

Has anyone had any problems with the moon roof leaking after a good rain, down into the passenger floor behind the front seat, if so what was the cause and is there a remedy for this problem. I have been told that there is a drain system built into the roof and if dirt or leaves get in there it may cause the water to be diverted elsewear ie maybe the carpet and behind the back seat. Does this reason sound possible?

Has anyone had any problems with the moon roof leaking after a good rain, down into the passenger floor behind the front seat, if so what was the cause and is there a remedy for this problem. I have been told that there is a drain system built into the roof and if dirt or leaves get in there it may cause the water to be diverted elsewear ie maybe the carpet and behind the back seat. Does this reason sound possible?

one of your drain tubes probably is clogged or came off...

im not sure exactly how to explain to fix it but thats gotta be the issue..

2703551_4_full.jpg

The Twins

1997 ETC & 2003 STS

Sorry, I don't have a remedy but once in a while my '94 ETC drips after a good rain (onto my head, not near the back seat). I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

Ahh...sunroof...nice as long as they dont leak.

Each corner has a drain tube. These can become disconnected. But a leak like that should be pretty noticable.

What can happen...like on my old '92 Pontiac Bonneville. The tubes can get slightly clogged with road grease and leaves etc. So in a light rain. The drainage is ok...

But get into a hard rain or storm. If..there is some blockage...the water can back up the tubes...and then pour into the car....no fun.

Verify the tubes are connected and clear.

I've never "enjoyed" that problem, but most folk here suggest gently probing the drain with fishing line or weed whacker line to clear it out. DON"T force it! You don't want to pop the drain line off, since it would require removal of the sunroof to re-attach the drain line. DON'T use compressed air to clean it either. Same ugly result.

If a gentle probing won't clear the line, you have to go at it from the other end. Find the exit end of the drain hose (wheel well via trunk?) and feed some weed wacker line from there back to the top.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived