CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heated seats

bigjayzway

I have a different problem with my heated seat(driver) than I have read on other posts.

Mine will work, as long as there is nobody sitting in it!

As soon as you sit in it.....No more heat!?

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

No clicking, or any noise for that matter, just will not heat if there is someone in the seat.

I thought it was my fat a$$, but my wife is a whole 104lbs, and it won't work for her either???

:blink:

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

I was looking on SI tomcat, and I really do not want to take the seats apart.

Could there be a connection that is loose, that comes apart when someone sits down?

Pulling out my hair here!

Big Jay :huh:

What you describe sounds like a failed or failing connection where the heater element connects to the car wiring (under the seat cushion). If you are experienced and comfortable using a VOM, you can confirm this by pulling the connectors at the control module and checking for heater continuity while you push down on the seat cushion.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

What you describe sounds like a failed or failing connection where the heater element connects to the car wiring (under the seat cushion). If you are experienced and comfortable using a VOM, you can confirm this by pulling the connectors at the control module and checking for heater continuity while you push down on the seat cushion.

I just find it strange that it only works when there is nobody in the seat?

Jay :blink:

The seat heating elements connect directly to the Heated Seat Module. Maybe the attached will help you identify the color coded wires.

Regards,

Warren

post-416-1161555043_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The seat heating elements connect directly to the Heated Seat Module. Maybe the attached will help you identify the color coded wires.

Regards,

Warren

I have looked at all the connections, and done everything short of taking the elements out.

I am trying to avoid this, as I don't think the seats will look the same after removing them.

Thanks.

Big Jay

My money is on the element. If it is burnt or a wire is just barely making contact so that when you put weight on it, it pulls apart enough to loose contact, it will fail completely in time.

If you decide to install a new heating element, note that you are to leave the old element in place and cut the wires off it. See TSB #01-08-50-002C - (Jan 21, 2004):

"Important

DO NOT attempt to remove the factory heat elements from the seat trim cover. The service heat element is to be installed between the existing factory heat element and the seat trim cover."

Make certain to have your Dealer print you a copy of this Technical Service Bulletin before you begin. It is lengthy.

Regards,

Warren

EDIT: The seat heating elements should read less than 5 ohms typically. The NTC (Negative Temperature Compensation) thermistor should read between 280 ohms and 300,000 ohms depending on your rectal temperature. I'm not so certain how happy I am that my cars knows such things.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I have the program SI Tomcat.

I have all the diagrams I need for the repair.

I was just hoping someone would of said "hey I had the same problem, and all it was......."

But I guess I will need to do the full repair.

Big Jay

Okay, I'm an idiot!

What is SI Tomcat?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Okay, I'm an idiot!

What is SI Tomcat?

Regards,

Warren

Okay, sometimes an idiot has to answer his own question.

Where I come from, this software is known a "eSI" as in "electronic Service Information." It runs on a Tomcat version of the Apache Server via IE. Got it? SI Tomcat?

Yeah, I finally woke up and figured it out too.

My single DVD version includes all GM consumer vehicles '98-'05. Bought it at http://www.service-bulletins.com . $99. It's not shown on their website currently, however they still have the 5 CD set @ $129.99. Go figure.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Okay, I'm an idiot!

What is SI Tomcat?

Regards,

Warren

Where I come from, this software is known a "eSI" as in "electronic Service Information." It runs on a Tomcat version of the Apache Server via IE. Got it? SI Tomcat?

My single DVD version includes all GM consumer vehicles '98-'05. Bought it at http://www.service-bulletins.com . $99. It's not shown on their website currently, however they still have the 5 CD set @ $129.99. Go figure.

Regards,

Warren

LMAO :lol::lol:

Yes I have the single DVD as well.

Big Jay

Okay, I'm an idiot!

What is SI Tomcat?

Regards,

Warren

Regards,

Warren

LMAO :lol::lol:

Yes I have the single DVD as well.

Big Jay

GOOD STUFF! I wonder why the DVD is no longer available?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I would guess the DVD is no longer avaliable since "everyone" is selling it on E-bay... I paid $15 including shipping for mine...

Coolest tool ever...

For the cost of burning a DVD, GM should include this for free with every new car sold.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I would guess the DVD is no longer avaliable since "everyone" is selling it on E-bay... I paid $15 including shipping for mine...

Coolest tool ever...

For the cost of burning a DVD, GM should include this for free with every new car sold.

Hmmm....maybe they used the wrong picture. The picture for the Techline disc set DO look like the fake eBay ones..maybe why the discs have not been updated since 2005...to the DVD version?

Here is www.service-bulletin.com site info:

domain: SERVICE-BULLETINS.COM

owner-name: Service-Bulletins.com Inc

owner-address: 505 Hickory Dr

owner-address: 75094

owner-address: Murphy

owner-address: Texas

owner-address: United States of America

admin-c: SI290-GANDI

tech-c: AR41-GANDI

bill-c: SI290-GANDI

nserver: ns7.gandi.net 217.70.177.44

nserver: custom2.gandi.net 217.70.179.35

reg_created: 2003-07-18 13:09:49

expires: 2007-07-18 17:09:49

created: 2003-07-18 19:09:50

changed: 2006-07-12 16:41:47

person: Service-Bulletins.com Inc

nic-hdl: SI290-GANDI

address: Service-Bulletins.com Inc

address: 505 Hickory Dr

address: 75094

address: Murphy

address: Texas

address: United States of America

phone: +1.9728810355

e-mail: tsb@ductape.net

lastupdated: 2006-07-03 10:04:01

person: GANDI Auto Register 4.1

nic-hdl: AR41-GANDI

address: GANDI

address: 15 place de la Nation

address: F-75011

address: Paris

address: France

phone: N/A

e-mail: support@gandi.net

lastupdated: 2006-07-26 19:32:51

Coolest tool ever...

Hmmm....maybe they used the wrong picture. The picture for the Techline disc set DO look like the fake eBay ones..maybe why the discs have not been updated since 2005...to the DVD version?

Regarding "fake" if you mean fake as in "probably in breach of 1/2 a dozen copyright laws" then yes these are yet another source of these "fake cds/dvds"... if you mean "fake" as in "a scam, a waste of money, that doesn't work..." Uh no... these CDs and DVDs are "legit"... as in "they work". I know of at least 4 other members (no names :lol: ) of this forum who have and are using these cds/dvds...

They stopped being updated in 2005 since I think that was when GM started to mandate that all dealerships and authorized service center's have to be connected directly "online" with GM's computer service. All service personal now have ID's and passwords into this "secure" service system... links to it have been posted here in the past... But noone is brave enough to share their id/password...

Of course that is one of the dangers with these CDs/DVDs... the procedures in them are "frozen" in time (2005) if new parts or procedures are developed you won't know about them.

I think, in the past these disks were created by GM HQ and periodically sent out to the dealer chain... This stopped in 2005...

Someone got a "bootlegged" copy and the rest is history...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived