CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Thought you were upset?

bigjayzway

I am a member of another site for FTA, and came across this post.

I thought some members would love to see this.

This guy is really mad, and doesn't hold back any punches.

Stuff like this makes me LOVE my Cadillac!

hashhu-discussion

Big Jay :o

Life is too short to grow up!

After the POS 1986 Buick my wife and I owned we bought only Euro cars for 15 years. Now, I buy only American and have been very pleased. I cannot forsee the day when I will replace my '97 Eldo (unless it's with an XLR).

Having said that, I find myself constantly looking at the "Made In..." label on everything I buy. I only buy American made even if it costs more. I refuse to shop in Walmart because of their slavish devotion to purchasing everything they sell in that flea market from Red China.

The US manufacturing base is gone and I've watched it disapear continually over these past 30 years. The manufacturing base in the Northeast has been devastated and IMO is a primary reason why people are evacuating the Northeast for sunbelt states.

In any case...when we must buy our daily necessities from the enemy we become his slave...

Yep... there's some anger there...

I work for a large electronics company that has a sizeable fleet of company vehicles, of a variety of types (cars, vans, trucks, etc...)

About 5 years ago, the word came down that no more Chrysler products would be purchased. Mostly GM, and some Fords is what we buy now....

The Chryslers spend most of their service life in the shop, and mostly die completely prior to reaching 100,000 miles....

This is not based on one person being mad, this is based on a nationwide pool of vehicles, and a look at service records and service costs....

Make your own decision, as always, and no offense to anyone.... but for my money, I will not be buying any Chryslers...

Yep... there's some anger there...

I work for a large electronics company that has a sizeable fleet of company vehicles, of a variety of types (cars, vans, trucks, etc...)

About 5 years ago, the word came down that no more Chrysler products would be purchased. Mostly GM, and some Fords is what we buy now....

The Chryslers spend most of their service life in the shop, and mostly die completely prior to reaching 100,000 miles....

This is not based on one person being mad, this is based on a nationwide pool of vehicles, and a look at service records and service costs....

Make your own decision, as always, and no offense to anyone.... but for my money, I will not be buying any Chryslers...

I like the looks of most of Chrysler's cars, but never drove one. Actually I did, a couple of rental Neons while on business trips. I can't say much about the quality, but I see lots of old Jeeps on the road.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Chrysler had some good years and a lot of good cars, like GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, and the rest. But, they were hit hard in the 1972 energy crunch because they didin't have a viable model across the board at the time and didn't for years. A lot of Mopar dealers went belly-up in the early to mid 1970's. They got behind the curve in the operating capital game and never recovered.

GM had big problems at the time, too. Chrysler's most common engine was a 383 cid, with 440 cid upgrade, and a 426 cid loss-leader show engine built to their Mopar high-deck big-block specs by Mercury. But GM's biggest sales at the time were two 400 cid engines with a 454 cid upgrade. Fortunately GM and Ford had smaller models, 4-cylinder and V6 engines, and enough liquidity to have crash programs for new models and new engine designs. By 1976 GM and Ford had their old engines operating to good performance and fuel economy standards again, and other models to provide fuel-efficient Fords and GM products. But, with Roger Smith at the helm, they essentially flat-lined Cadillac.

Sometime in the mid 1980's some people came out of the woodwork and restored some soul to Cadillac, and the 4.1 engine was its first fruit, albeit under the heel of Smith. Also, we have the Allante as a stirring of life. The 4.1 motor was the earliest ancestor of the Northstar. The next big thing was growing the 4.1 to 4.5 then 4.9, and the E/K cars of 1992, Motor Trend's Car of the Year -- without the Northstar. Now, Cadillac is the shining star of GM -- but the big cash cows are the sport-utes and trucks. If I were buying one today, it would most likely be a Caterra with the 3.6 V6 and the six-speed. If money was no object, I would have a CTS-V or an XLR-V, or perhaps an STS-V if I felt I wanted something more like my existing 1997 ETC.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived