CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cancelling "Service CCR system" message 91 sevvy

The Fred

Well the guy who is selling the 1991 Seville wants to know how to get rid of that annoying old message and I feel for him as I've had the same problem before.. I remember I held down off and warmer and navigated to some value and changed it to zero or some of a thing

I looked at that one guys site that looks like notebook paper and couldn't find it :(

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

http://www.caddyinfo.com/disableccr.htm

0. Turn the ignition switch to battery (on but not start)

1. Enter diagnostic mode by pushing Off and Warmer together

until the instrument lights stop flashing.

After any codes are displayed, step through the queries as

follows:

2. CCM? Lo

3. IPC? Hi

4. IPC Data? Lo

5. IPC Inputs? Lo

6. IPC Override? Hi

7. IS00 Lo

8. IS45 Lo

9. 001 IS09 Lo (this may say "129 IS09" if you have the heated windshield option)

10. 008 IS08 This is the value we want to change. Press the Warmer and Cooler buttons to increase/decrease. Change this value to 000, which means no CCR. 008 means has Ride Control. This value is actually a sum of options; 008 is normal for north american cars. If you have some other number, just subtract 8

from it to turn off the ride control.

11. Press the Econ and the Front Defrost buttons at the same

time and hold until the 000 IS08 flashes. This takes a few

seconds. This writes the setting to memory.

12. Turn the ignition switch off.

13. Test drive and see if CCR error message appears.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I have a 1992 Seville having getting the same message, "service ride control". Can I just remove the fuse (located in the trunk) to remove the message?

If it were that easy why would people follow the described procedure? Removing the fuse would result in the same message.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I have a 1992 Seville having getting the same message, "service ride control". Can I just remove the fuse (located in the trunk) to remove the message?

If it were that easy why would people follow the described procedure? Removing the fuse would result in the same message.

ok, thanks.

IT WORKED! I just tried it and the "service ride control" message NEVER reappeared! Thanks! I do still notice a noise while at a stop in Drive. Sounds like the levelers are still trying to level the car. Is there anyway to stop this?

Pull the fuse !

Are you serious? I was just told not to in a previous reply.

He told you that pulling the fuse would just result in the same error message

You've now told the car that it doesn't even have air levelling

So now when you take the fuse out it won't matter and the car will hush its mouth :lol:

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Pull the fuse !

Are you serious? I was just told not to in a previous reply.

He told you that pulling the fuse would just result in the same error message

You've now told the car that it doesn't even have air levelling

So now when you take the fuse out it won't matter and the car will hush its mouth :lol:

Cool! Thanks.

I've never seen THIS before,

I went over to help him get this done and when you get to

IPC? HI

It shows IPC INPUTS? (It is supposed to show IPC DATA? first)

Then you're supposed to press LO to get to IPC OVERRIDE

But it doesn't respond at all..

You just keep pressing LO and IPC INPUTS stays on

How can this happen?

I remember a current code it was B1(something)

I think it was a 12x

Code Description

B110 ....................................... Outside Air Temperature Circuit Problem

B111 ..................................... A/C High Side Temperature Circuit Problem

B112 ......................... A/C Low Side Temperature Circuit Problem [A/C Clutch]

B113 ............................................ In-Car Temperature Circuit Problem

B115 ........................................... Sunload Temperature Circuit Problem

B119 ................................. Twilight Sentinel Photosensor Circuit Problem

B120 ................................... Twilight Sentinel Delay Pot Circuit Problem

B122 ........................................ Panel Lamp Dimming Pot Circuit Problem

B124 .................................................. Speed Sensor Circuit Problem

B127 .......................... PRNDL321 Sensor Circuit Problem [Park Brake Release]

Would it help to take the cables off of the battery and join them?

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

What is another way to rid the car of the message,,

I remember something about jumpering some wires or crossing them or moving a sensor arm or some 3993

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Try this (despite it is for 91 seville):

1991 Eldorado and Seville with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual page 8D-12. Set the BCM override value BS09 to 0 by using the warmer and cooler buttons. Store this value by pressing the Econ button on the climate control panel and the Instant Econ button on the Fuel Data/Drivers Information Center for about five seconds. The new value will be stored even through the indicator does not flash. Remove the key from the ignition. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery. When both cables have been disconnected, touch the ends of the cables together and hold for five seconds. This will discharge the capacitors in the system and allow the system to perform properly when the battery cables are reconnected. Advise the customer they will have to reset all radio stations and clock. Disconnect or cut off all the CCR sensors on the struts.

Hmmm

What is the difference... ?

I know what you're saying maybe that will work but I wonder why there are two ways to do it

They changed the procedure every year, besides it depends on the model too. I tried the way Bruce described, and it did not work out. Later I found on th old forum a post from Logan, which worked. Try and see. I could not get rid off the message for five years. Did not try hard I quess.

Try this (despite it is for 91 seville):

1991 Eldorado and Seville with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual page 8D-12. Set the BCM override value BS09 to 0 by using the warmer and cooler buttons. Store this value by pressing the Econ button on the climate control panel and the Instant Econ button on the Fuel Data/Drivers Information Center for about five seconds. The new value will be stored even through the indicator does not flash. Remove the key from the ignition. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery. When both cables have been disconnected, touch the ends of the cables together and hold for five seconds. This will discharge the capacitors in the system and allow the system to perform properly when the battery cables are reconnected. Advise the customer they will have to reset all radio stations and clock. Disconnect or cut off all the CCR sensors on the struts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I disabled the ccr error on our 91 STS, I had to do the battery cable part to get the change to stay. Otherwise it kept coming back each time I changed it. After disconnecting and touching the cables together it then worked.

Bob B

Archived