CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

outside temp display

dgladillac

Almost sounds like a loose connection somewhere like Ranger mentioned. Does the car idle strange at startup? Also check the outside temperature sensor. I believe it's located between your grill and radiator. Check to make sure the wires didn't get pinched off, etc.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Almost sounds like a loose connection somewhere like Ranger mentioned. Does the car idle strange at startup? Also check the outside temperature sensor. I believe it's located between your grill and radiator. Check to make sure the wires didn't get pinched off, etc.

I will check for a loose connection and the car idles fine no running problems at all i check back and let you know

IIRC the sensor that displays the temperature in the dash and the one that the ECU uses to determine the temp of the air intake are different... a fault dash temperature reading should have no impact on how the car runs... though it does make the A/C system do back flips.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I will check for a loose connection and the car idles fine no running problems at all i check back and let you know

The sensor itself looks good but on the connector one of the prongs looks bad so i think thats the problem.

Check the battery cable, both positive and ground, at both the battery and at the ground points and the main distribution block just behind and below the air cleaner.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Check the battery cable, both positive and ground, at both the battery and at the ground points and the main distribution block just behind and below the air cleaner.

Thanks for the info guys fixed the outside temp display but i still cant figure out why the trip reader is resetting itself after the car sits for like an hour the radio station will stay the same and the memory seats but the trip reader always resets.

Archived