CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Radiator

Regis

Let me keep this brief. The upper right side tank has a leak along one of the plastic fins. It's not a real gusher.....yet. But it leaves quite a pool on the ground at times. Until it gets fixed I have a gallon of coolant and distilled water in the trunk for top offs. Here's a link with the rest of the details: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11076

By the way, I love this car.... this Cadillac. And at times things wear and suddenly go without any warning. Do I get mad at my car and crap on it by publicly slandering it? No. I think it's important for some supposed caddy lovers to get a grip, if not a reality check, and put away the guns, gasoline and matches, and bad mouthing. You're dealing with an inanimate object. It's not out to get you or anyone else. Fix it, have it fixed, sell it, or give it away to someone that will appreciate a fine piece of American machinery. (off the soapbox)

Did I mention that the current radiator is in fantastic shape (looks wise) even though it leaks? I should probably *smurf* about that and try to sue someone........because it can't be my fault. ;)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I know you must be referring to my wanting to kill my automobile,

I have never been so mad and angry with a Cadillac before and

I don't badmouth Cadillac or the car because of it,

As far as suing over what I thought was bad gasoline.. that was someone elses suggestion and I was saying it'd be difficult to prove and then it was almost looking like the right thing to do when I found out that other people had problems with the same gasoline.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Let me keep this brief. The upper right side tank has a leak along one of the plastic fins. It's not a real gusher.....yet. But it leaves quite a pool on the ground at times. Until it gets fixed I have a gallon of coolant and distilled water in the trunk for top offs. Here's a link with the rest of the details: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11076

By the way, I love this car.... this Cadillac. And at times things wear and suddenly go without any warning. Do I get mad at my car and crap on it by publicly slandering it? No. I think it's important for some supposed caddy lovers to get a grip, if not a reality check, and put away the guns, gasoline and matches, and bad mouthing. You're dealing with an inanimate object. It's not out to get you or anyone else. Fix it, have it fixed, sell it, or give it away to someone that will appreciate a fine piece of American machinery. (off the soapbox)

Did I mention that the current radiator is in fantastic shape (looks wise) even though it leaks? I should probably *smurf* about that and try to sue someone........because it can't be my fault. ;)

You can replace plastic end tanks (gmpartsdirect.com used to have them) if you are willing to keep the core. On the other hand aftermarket radiators are very cheap and replacing the whole thing is sure much easier and faster.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

adallak,

Ken and I discussed the option of just replacing the side tank and his response was basically this. "Yeah we could do that if you want but next month the other side will spring a leak, then in a couple months another piece." Once they start to go it's never in just one place. I got his point and opted for a total replacement.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

adallak,

Ken and I discussed the option of just replacing the side tank and his response was basically this. "Yeah we could do that if you want but next month the other side will spring a leak, then in a couple months another piece." Once they start to go it's never in just one place. I got his point and opted for a total replacement.

Absolutely! You need to replace the both tanks even if the other looks good. That's what I did. As soon as I removed the second tank it broke. Replacing the tanks is not a big deal, but it is time-consuming. If you ask me whether I would do that again, the answer would be "no" since the money you save is not worth the time. Get an aftermarket one for some $150 and replace whole thing in an hour or so.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

adallak,

Absolutely! You need to replace the both tanks even if the other looks good. That's what I did. As soon as I removed the second tank it broke. Replacing the tanks is not a big deal, but it is time-consuming. If you ask me whether I would do that again, the answer would be "no" since the money you save is not worth the time. Get an aftermarket one for some $150 and replace whole thing in an hour or so.

I had someone fix my end tanks at the same time. It all cost me about the same as a new radiator. If I had to do it again I would buy a new radiator put it in and fix the old one when I could, then either keep it for a spare or sell it.

Archived