CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rear Engine Northstar?

GreenMachine

Take a look at this page, they have a northstar in a rear-engine configuration. Acoustic cover would look good under glass don't ya think :)

http://www.midstatedmc.com/doa.html

IPB Image

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

I'ts a 94-99 Northstar in a DeLorean. The worst problem the DeLorean had was that it was underpowered. Note the license tag: OUTATIME

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I'ts a 94-99 Northstar in a DeLorean. The worst problem the DeLorean had was that it was underpowered. Note the license tag: OUTATIME

I think the northstar solves that problem.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Who was it that made an Eldorado with a Northy in the trunk>

Dual Northstars I bet that would make ya GRIN :lol:

http://www.supercars.net/garages/ChevyRocks/53v2.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosler_TwinStar

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...rs/1269501.html

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Some outfit in Florida. Car & Driver tested one. They raved about how well it handled on the track. The probelm with their sample is that it had a VIN Y motor in the front and a VIN 9 motor in the back. They called the back motor a Southstar.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The use of different engines fore and aft was a deliberate design choice. In the scheme of this grand thing the price difference between the two engines was not a factor.

My recollection is that Mosler tried two identical engines but didn't enjoy the results. With the different transaxles the trannys shift not-synchronously with one pushing/pulling while the other is shifting.

I can see where having both shift nearly simultaneously might be unsettling.

Interestingly, two of the three links provided by The Fred describe the car as having 600hp. Only the third correctly reports the actual 575hp figure. Yet another example of folk reporting off the top of their heads without bothering to check facts.

EDIT: Of course, six pseudo random shifts might be unsettling as well! :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Thanks for clearing that up I was over here thinking how can he be brilliant enough to make that work but dumb enough to cut a stupid corner like that corner

I'm thinking to myself of an idea that is insane for that car..

I wonder if I could get him to build it

Well I can't afford one yet.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Archived