CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

height of 2000 DTS

ronalddts

How would you measure that?

Fender well to wheel center.. ?

I THOUGHT MAYBE THE STANDARD HEIGHT WOULD BE IN A SHOP MANUEL. THE FENDER WELL WOULD BE A GOOD MEASUREMENT FOR A COMPARISON.

How would you measure that?

Fender well to wheel center.. ?

Ground to top center of wheel well opening on a level surface. It's in the CHASSIS AND BODY section of the FSM.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Alas, I do not have one. Perhaps someone with a '00 FSM will chime in?

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I don't have a FSM for my 2000 Deville yet but I measure 28" from the garage floor to the top of the wheel opening at all four wheels. Hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I don't have a FSM for my 2000 Deville yet but I measure 28" from the garage floor to the top of the wheel opening at all four wheels. Hope this helps.

THANKS. THATS WHAT I HAD AT THE FRONT BUT 28 3/4 AT THE REAR. I UNHOOKED THE AIR LINE FROM THE REAR SHOCK AND THE WHOLE CAR LEVELED TO 28 ". WILL IT HURT ANY YHING TO LEAVE THIS LINE DISCONNED. I TRIED TO FIND A FUSE FOR THE COMRPESSOR BUT COULD NOT FIND IT.

The fuse is under the rear seat cushion; identified as ELC and is 30A.

You do not want to leave the plumbing disconnected. What you need to do is pull your trouble codes and see if the compressor exhaust valve has set a fault code (DTC).

If not the exhaust valve, then possibly the LR suspension position sensor needs to be adjusted.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

As Jim said, you don't want to leave it open. Dirt/water can get into the system if it's open. Plus, you won't have the load-leveling capabilities the air shocks give you, and the car will sit too LOW in the back, even with moderate weight (like two folks sitting in the back seat). The rear springs on these cars are relatively soft, and are designed to be supplemented with the air shocks.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The fuse is under the rear seat cushion; identified as ELC and is 30A.

You do not want to leave the plumbing disconnected. What you need to do is pull your trouble codes and see if the compressor exhaust valve has set a fault code (DTC).

If not the exhaust valve, then possibly the LR suspension position sensor needs to be adjusted.

THIS SUSPENSION POSITION SENSOR, DOES A DEALER HAVE TO DO IT OR IS IT SOMETHING I CAN DO?

THANKS

Always - the first thing is codes. What codes are you seeing?

There is a very limited range of adjustment on the position sensor which is located on the chassis subframe directly inboard of the leading edge of the tire. Perhaps the link between the sensor and the suspension control arm is bent or disconnected.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Always - the first thing is codes. What codes are you seeing?

There is a very limited range of adjustment on the position sensor which is located on the chassis subframe directly inboard of the leading edge of the tire. Perhaps the link between the sensor and the suspension control arm is bent or disconnected.

I don't fully understand these codes. Do they automatically show up on the info center? I had a service stability system light pop up. Dealer said it was a steering sensor. Replaced it and light went off. I asked about the leveling system. Said it was working right. I asked about the exhaust vent. He said if something was wrong it would show a code. Maybe it's my imagination, but the car looks like it sets too high in the rear. Looked at the rods, not bent or off the ball . I hooked the line to the shock back . Thanks for your help.

Do they automatically show up on the info center?

Yes, after you enter the diagnostics and request them. Here's how.

Courtesy of JimD

DTC display; 1998-2004 Seville, 2000-2005 Deville and other models with 3 buttons on the RH side of DIC

Use the 3 switches located to the right (LH drive cars) of the Driver Information Center (DIC) to activate and respond to the OBD prompts on the DIC.

ON/OFF = YES

INFO RESET = NO

INFO DOWN or INFO UP = manual toggle

Ignition ON, acknowledge any warning messages; press ON/OFF and INFO UP together for 2 to 3 seconds. Everything in front of you lights up for 4 or 5 seconds, then you will see:

Display shows "ALL?"

Answering YES will display "ALL CODES?"

Answering YES will run automatic test sequence and display codes, if any. Systems and codes will scroll faster than I am able to read them and write them; not to worry.

"ALL CLEAR CODES?" will display at the end of the automatic test. If you are satisfied you have the information you need, answer YES to clear/erase all error codes.

Answering "ALL?" with INFO DOWN will toggle systems test manually in order.

Answering "ALL?" with INFO UP will toggle system test manually in reverse order.

Press INFO RESET to reset DIC to "ALL?" to start again.

Ignition OFF to exit.

SYSTEMS: (as of 1998)

ABS (Antilock Brake System)

AMP (Amplifier)

DDM (Door Driver Module)

DIM (Dash Integration Module)

IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)

IPM (Instrument Panel Module)

IRC (Integrated Radio Module)

PCM (Powertrain Control Module)

RFA (Remote Function Actuation)

RIM (Rear Integration Module)