CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Skins Today

Rickster

I too noticed there a fine line between rims that are to "bling" and ones that are "blah". It takes a lot of searching (and money) to find the ones that suite your need.

For me the stock caddy's are good enough, adds to the "sleeper" effect.

I think the 16 spoke wheels look great on a DeVille.

I thought they looked nice on my '95 Eldorado, although some disagreed. :(

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/MotorPKWY.jpg (179KB)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

No show on the snow today. Maybe tomorow.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Be careful. I want to hear good news.

Sorry Jim. I thought you where "titjwad" He's in my hood.

Since I've been mentioned I figured I'd chime in. We've had quite a bit of water lately here in western Washington and Oregon. I still say these tires perform very well. I was heading west on US 26 out of Portland and about 500 yards or so from the exit of tunnel there was a good size puddle probably 4-6 inches deep. I hit that thing at 55 MPH and ... what a splash, but the car didn't try to slide at all.

While I like the tires, I feel a lot of credit has to go to the engineering built into the car.

Another tire that gets good reviews is Goodyear Triple Treads. When I was looking last year they didn't make them in the size I needed. I see that they do now but it's a H rated tire. Nothing wrong with that but I try not to put a lower speed rated tire than the car is actually rated.

Jim

Regards,

Warren

They are, well, quite nice on the Eldo's. RIP, Baby :( I still feel sick every time I see that sequence of photos; you know the ones...

I'm getting some new chromes on my Eldo in the coming weeks - pics to follow, I'm sure....

MM

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

I too noticed there a fine line between rims that are to "bling" and ones that are "blah". It takes a lot of searching (and money) to find the ones that suite your need.

For me the stock caddy's are good enough, adds to the "sleeper" effect.

I think the 16 spoke wheels look great on a DeVille.

Regards,

Warren

In all honesty the stock 16 chromes are nice...just a pain in the butt to clean between each :P

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

No show on the snow today. Maybe tomorow.

Looks we are up for a test today...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I can comment on dry snow/ice and heavy wet snow on the A/S Pilots....

In short AMAZING!

I got a chance to test these skins in heavy stop and go city traffic and on the Canadian equivalent of a US Interstate (actually the highway that connects to I-5)

While other cars were drifting at starts and stops my STS was like a big luxury tractor... No issues going, stopping or turning... Plowed through the snow like a hot knife through butter... Way better then ANY Goodyear tire I have ever owned (including snow tires)... I was setting the pace and I was passing everything (just like always :rolleyes: )

My wife's 4Runner also has Micheline LTX M/S (Costco el-cheapo's) and they are equally awe inspiring...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

actually the tires they sell are good quality at costco, if i am not mistaken costco is michelins #1 buyer of tires i know that the 3 costco stores in calgary albt canada sell between 250-350 units a day each store, thats alot of tires. It is going to save me about $40-50 a tire for my piliot as compared to fountin and Kall tire.

Archived