CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

02 Sensors on '92 Seville

Caddynut

Well, I am still working on my Seville and I know it is running REALLY RICH!! My next step is to check the O2 sensor (s). I know the on sensor is on the front exhaust manifold by the radiator, but is there one on the back manifold and anywhere else? Also.....if I remember right....isn't there a way to test these with an ohm meter before I go spending my paycheck on new sensors before I know they are bad? Thanks.

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Thanks. I have a check engine light, but for the same code as my last post "right to left bank fueling difference" The car is running rich and I am trying to eliminate possibilities. Thanks for the info.

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2000 Ford Ranger XLT

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD

1961 VW Beetle

I dropped in 2 new O2 sensors this weekend and from what I can see "problem solved". The one on the front of the engine had a little bit of white ash on it and looked pretty normal. The O2 sensor on the back side was completely black and when I went to take it out....the shield on the outside of the sensor was almost all gone, so it couldn't have been working right. The service engine soon light is out and it is running smoother and better than it ever has. Thanks for the input.

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2000 Ford Ranger XLT

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD

1961 VW Beetle

I dropped in 2 new O2 sensors this weekend and from what I can see "problem solved". The one on the front of the engine had a little bit of white ash on it and looked pretty normal. The O2 sensor on the back side was completely black and when I went to take it out....the shield on the outside of the sensor was almost all gone, so it couldn't have been working right. The service engine soon light is out and it is running smoother and better than it ever has. Thanks for the input.

So it was E046 code. Thanks for the followup.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived