CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Speaking of heaters..

The Fred

I've owned quite a few Cadillacs in my time and been a passenger in a few more and I have not ever seen one that would blow heat out of the midlevel vents.. always comes from the floor vents or defroster vents

What is the story?

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

It could be caused by bad or crossed vacuum lines or a bad or stuck HVAC diaphram or door, or wiring problems, or a bad sensor or module. Is this happening to you? Do you have the codes?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I've owned quite a few Cadillacs in my time and been a passenger in a few more and I have not ever seen one that would blow heat out of the midlevel vents.. always comes from the floor vents or defroster vents

Yeah, that has been a source of annoyance for me for some time now.

The 'new-to-me' 1998 Eldorado has a MODE switch that allows the driver to select floor, dash, combo, or windshield exhaust. Love it!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

My 1992 was like that. Annoyed me to no end! The 05 SRX when set to auto blows where it feels it needs to, which usually included the middle vents, or you can manually set where you want the air to come from. Love that feature, the eldorado did not have that ability.

So did that mean my eldo had a problem, I always thought it normal (yet annoying), since the 87 deville I had before that did the same thing.

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I don't have any codes for it,

Actually I never have had.. I really don't mind the heat coming from the floor or defroster vents I just always have wondered about that

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

My 1992 was like that. . . . . So did that mean my eldo had a problem, I always thought it normal (yet annoying),

Yep, normal.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived