CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Memory seat control module location

kens96

I have a 96 Eldorado ETC. Recently the memory seat function for the driver seat has become intermitant between the easy exit and set drive positon. I can get the seat into position by using the seat controls on the side of the seat and indexing them a few times in rapid succession to get it going , then push the memory button to complete the positioning. There are no codes on the DIC. Can someone post pictures or schematics of the modules location and provide suggestions on how to toubleshoot. I have already checked the battery, reset the memory positons for key and FOB 1 and 2. I'm guessing a a broken wire to the powerseat controls or a dirty connection somewhere , but I don't know exactly where to start.

It could be a weak or noisy signal from your fob. Change the battery and make sure that the battery contacts are clean while you have it apart.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It could be a weak or noisy signal from your fob. Change the battery and make sure that the battery contacts are clean while you have it apart.

Thanks ...the battery in the FOBs are new and work fine....I think it is an issue with a broken wire ore bad connection. Does anyone hae a picture of the module with the connections?

The Memory Seat Module (MSM) is under the seat with the power seat motors. It is to the rear, slightly to the left of center, just above the brace that goes across the bottom of the seat. It is large, square, and flat. There is one for each seat.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

:) thanks ...

Doe that mean if the driver side module is giving me problems that I can swap the modules between the passenger and driver seats?

From my understanding the only seat that has a memory module is the driver seat, and it also sends a signal to the MMM (memory mirror module) as well to the adjustment controls.

Are you getting any codes? Pay attentiong to the MSM codes if you are. Its easiest to remove by getting the seat all the way forward and undoing he bolts and getting it out.

This is of course speaking from experiance on my 98 Deville so the setup may be differant.

The Memory package is nice when its working, but can be costly when it breaks.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived