CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Repairing Scratches in Paint

Poobah

Overall, the finish on my new Deville is in very good shape. There are a few scratches I would like to fix, however. They look like they are in or through the clear coat but not through the paint. What's the best way to deal with them?

Thanks in advance.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

This seems like a good write-up. Although they are selling products, they do actually comment on which products worked well for them:

http://www.properautocare.com/byhand.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Each scratch is a seperate challange. I have a P.C. orbital polisher and a rotary and there are still scratches I cant get out. Some are just too deep & require painting at the body shop. Scratches that can be hidden with a filler & wax will always come back when the wax and filler are removed by washings, rain ect. (appx. 1 to 3 months)

IMO if you cant make it dissapear by polish alone you might as well make an appointment at the body shop.

PS I use many of the products (Menzerna & pads etc.) from the link Bruce put up and they are a great Co. to deal with. Lot of good info on their site.

I have had good results (minor scratches and swirls) with ScratchX which is mentioned in the link posted by Bruce. Even removing scratches made by more aggressive compounds. Several passes to get some of them.

Archived