CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rack in pinion

Hi All,

Hope all is well. Do any of you know if there are any rubber hoses connected to the rack? My power steering fluid is dripping out when i shut the car off. I see the oil dripping on the passengers side behind the front wheel. Location is about where the passenger fender and the passenger door meet. I have a puddle under the car

Hi All,

Hope all is well. Do any of you know if there are any rubber hoses connected to the rack? My power steering fluid is dripping out when i shut the car off. I see the oil dripping on the passengers side behind the front wheel. Location is about where the passenger fender and the passenger door meet. I have a puddle under the car

There are pressure hoses and return lines. On 4.9 return lines are on driver side. One of my return lines was rusted and I had to replace it recently. You can lift the fron of the car, start engine and turn the wheel from side to side (from stop to stop) a few times. These are the worst conditions (maximum pressure in the system) so that the leak will be visible immediately.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived