CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC Air Flow

msb113

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me if the 91 Seville had a Hepa Filter on it for the cabin air... I don't think it does but My air flow coming from the vents is very low and thought I would ask before pulling the blower motor to see if there is a blockage anywhere.

Anyone else have this happen to them... It is not the motor itself as you can hear the speeds change from hi to lo, just very low air push from it and this is when the car has firstbenn started so I know it is not freezing up.

Thanks again for any input?

Mark

Have noty for got about the abs Adallak just very busy :(

There was no cabil air filter in '91. I would pull the blower motor or module on the HVAC case and look at the A/C evaporator. If the evaporator is all full of debris, the airflow will be reduced. A good cleaning and the airflow should be restored.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

There was no cabil air filter in '91. I would pull the blower motor or module on the HVAC case and look at the A/C evaporator. If the evaporator is all full of debris, the airflow will be reduced. A good cleaning and the airflow should be restored.

Thank you

Thats what I kind of figured... Is there any specific instructions for cleaning?

and once again thank you for your help :)

Don't really know where I would be without you guys... Oh, yes I do I would be right here because my Caddy would not be ruuning... lol

Mark

If you find the evaporator clogged, a shop vac and tooth brush should do the trick.

Thank you... just bought a new tooth brush the other day and the old one was about to get tossed... Will come in handy now :)

Thanks again

Mark

Well the evaporator which took me a few minutes longer to find then it normally would because it was so clogged and dirty did not even look like an evaporator, looked more like a black foam filter... that will happen after 118000 miles and never cleaned.

Shop vac, toothburush and evaporator cleaner which I happen to have due to my work and shes blowin like shes brand new :)

Did a temp check on the duct vents just sitting in the driveway and she came down to a chilly 51.2... BRRRRRRRRRRR :) cant wait to see what she can do when it's moving. :)

Thanks again guys...

Now one more question about door panels... Changing the bose system ouy with my Kenwood, an I know I have to rewire for all the speakers... no big deal there but when I took the drivers side door panel off I could not figure out the trick to release the power door locks and window harnesses... is there a trick to this because it would really make life easy to get the plate on the inside of the panel for the old bose speakers out.

Once again I cant say thanks enough for all the GREAT help!!! :)

Mark

Now one more question about door panels... Changing the bose system ouy with my Kenwood, an I know I have to rewire for all the speakers... no big deal there but when I took the drivers side door panel off I could not figure out the trick to release the power door locks and window harnesses... is there a trick to this because it would really make life easy to get the plate on the inside of the panel for the old bose speakers out.

Once again I cant say thanks enough for all the GREAT help!!! :)

Mark

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but to release the power door locks and window harness from the switch, just use a thin bladed screwdriver and pry apart.

IPB Image

Archived