CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM's June Sales

DETROIT - General Motors' dealers in the United States sold 413,473 new cars and trucks in June, the company's best sales performance year-to-date, up 15.2 percent, or about 68,000 units, compared with May.

Well, the overall sales were down for June 2006 over June 2005, perhaps reflecting GM's incentives last year. Although I enjoy lower prices, I appreciate GM's desire to get off incentives as a sale tool and actually reflect the market price of their vehicles in the MSRP.

Only a couple of high points:

Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles posted 3,618 sales in June, up 6 percent from last June. GM is leading the industry at the moment in certified pre-used vehicle sales.

SRX sales were up 36%.

June 2006 to June 2005 comparisons:

CTS down 14.6%

DTS down 38% (compared to Deville in 2005)

STS down 31.0% (compared to Seville in 2005)

XLR down 35.8%, but is still on pace to make 3k-4k total, which seems good in that range.

Escalade down 14%

Cadillac overall down 21%

Corvette up 22%

Lucerne sold 10,372 which seems good to me.

GM total sales down 37%.

The good news, is the new new cars like the Solstice/Sky are selling well. The bad news is a lot of the line is not new, and not all the recent redesigns are selling well.

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet...amp;docid=27076

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Unfortunately, I would believe Cadillac pre-owned sales are up because of the quick depreciation inherent in a new Cadillac. I guess word is out that these are good cars for the money when purchased used. Although I can see this definitely hurting the new sales numbers - afterall the person taking the hit are the customers that buy them new, and I'm sure they learn that quick & wouldn't repeat that again. Unless you hold on to them from new (Like I did), it's a big loss to take.

I guess the H3 is working out for hummer.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Nice summary from the UK DTI. Interesting that GM still sells almost x2 vehicles / month in the US as Toyota. Hopefully GM will get positioned soon so that they can make money while selling more cars than anyone else.

US market continues to favour US manufacturers' competitors

Reporting its highest monthly sales of the year to date, General Motors delivered 413,473 vehicles last month, up 15.2 percent, or about 68,000 units, compared with May. Sales GM launch vehicles accounted for 25.5% of GM's total deliveries for the month.

Ford Motor Company's US sales totalled 269,404, down 7% y-o-y. Car sales were up 7%, but truck sales were down 14%. In the first six months of 2006, Ford's U.S. sales totalled 1.55 million, down 4%; car sales were up 5% and truck sales down 9%. Mazda sales were up 8% in June, while Volvo’s, of 10,897 units, were down 11%.

Chrysler Group reported US sales for June of 185,946 units, a drop of 15% y-o-y. Year-to-date sales totalled 1,129,546 units, a decline of 5% y-o-y. "Consumers are wrestling with the effects of higher gas prices and other economic uncertainties that are impacting the entire automotive industry, including the Chrysler Group," said Steven Landry, Chrysler Group, Vice President - Sales and Field Operations.

But many of his company’s rivals prospered from those conditions. Toyota reported its best-ever first-half sales of 1,223,542. June sales of 223,018, an increase of 14.4 percent over last June, contributed to a record-setting second quarter, with sales of 678,691 units.

Hyundai announced sales of 44,508 vehicles for the month, an all-time record. Hyundai sales are up 4.3% year over year, and 3.4% over last June. Kia announced June sales of 27,443 units, a 1.3% increase y-o-y.

The BMW Group in the US (BMW and MINI reported first-half sales of 157,246 vehicles, a y-o-y increase of 8.6%, and an increase of 2.7% in June sales at 27,735 vehicles.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'm surprised Hyundai is up, they just had a huge recall with engine oil problems. Could also be why they had their best month ever, since the modes effected by it were not allowed to be sold and frozen taken off the market. Now that they are on, all the deals they couldn't close are now closing.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived