CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1992 Cadillac Eldorado

Astrak

Well I just purchased a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado TC for 2grand with only 72,000 miles on it. I have been reading over this forum and was just wondering is there a list of things that can be changed in the IPC or wherever you goto to remove the "apply brake before shift" message. I just want to know this so I can kinda change things to the way I would like? My previous car was a 95 Chrysler Concorde and I never had a problem with that car I hope the Cadillac does the same.

Well I just purchased a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado TC for 2grand with only 72,000 miles on it. I have been reading over this forum and was just wondering is there a list of things that can be changed in the IPC or wherever you goto to remove the "apply brake before shift" message. I just want to know this so I can kinda change things to the way I would like? My previous car was a 95 Chrysler Concorde and I never had a problem with that car I hope the Cadillac does the same.

Looks like something wrong with your brake switch. Probably all you need is an adjustment. Get the trouble codes by pressing Warmer and OFF simultaneously for a few seconds (ignition ON).

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

No there is no problem I was just wondering if you can change things, say like getting the horn to honk when I lock the doors with the RKE or changing what displays in the DIC or enabling and disabling options.

This has some info:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/braketoshift.htm

ALso check the http://www.caddyinfo.com/howto.html section for reading codes info articles and other info.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived