CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC Question

woody

Hello All,

I have been having some cooling issues with my AC. I have a 1997 STS. It always works when the car is moving, I should say it blows cool but not cold. The blower is working fine. But when I stop or am in traffic it starts to blow warm air. Today it seems to be OK. Not sure what to check or if I need an evacuate and re-charge. :blink: Any help would be great

Woody

It is probably low on refrigerant but not enough to trip the "LOW REFRIGERANT, AC OFF" message.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

check that your cooling fans are running. idling has no air flow so if you fans are on low or not running your condensor is hotter when you do not move. you should throw some gauges on the system to check your high side/low side pressures.

It is probably low on refrigerant but not enough to trip the "LOW REFRIGERANT, AC OFF" message.

But how low is "low?"

Last year I had to add a "smidgen" (sp?) of R134a. I was so surprised at how little refrigerant I added to clear that message that I got anal about it.

No kidding! I went back to the local auto parts store and compared the weight of my used can-o-gas to a can on the shelf. It was difficult to tell the difference.

Anyone know how low is "low?"

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived