CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wax

Hello - Once more I need educating. What is the best wax and cleaner for a 2001 Deville? The auto parts stores have hundreds of choices. I want to use the very best as my car sits in the weather all day, every day. Thanks, Marian H., Gig Harbor, WA HAPPY 4TH!

Much like oil, there is no "best", only personal preference. FWIW, I have recently used Meguiars NXT and am very happy with it.

Much like oil, there is no "best", only personal preference. FWIW, I have recently used Meguiars NXT and am very happy with it.

THANKS! MR. RANGER! I WAS HOPING I WOULD HEAR FROM AN EXPERT!

I have tried several and was pleased with Zaino, which was suggested on this site. It does look nice when done. Last time I did my car I used West Marine Caranuba paste wax. A friend bought me a can, he uses it on his Bentley. When he suggested it to me I told him I'm not useing boat wax on my Caddy. He then bought me a can and said thats all he uses on his cars.I tried it, and it so far seems to outlast any wax I have used.

I have tried several and was pleased with Zaino, which was suggested on this site. It does look nice when done. Last time I did my car I used West Marine Caranuba paste wax. A friend bought me a can, he uses it on his Bentley. When he suggested it to me I told him I'm not useing boat wax on my Caddy. He then bought me a can and said thats all he uses on his cars.I tried it, and it so far seems to outlast any wax I have used.

Thanks and actually, that makes great sense! Happy 4th.

:ph34r: I am posting this incognito, as I have been threated with my life if I ever mentioned it. Seems I started enough trouble being a newbie (type of oil) so I can't tell you who I am. Problem is that this is one of my passions. There is a little more to making your car shine than just applying a coat of wax. If you want it to really stand out, here is a good place to learn how. I enjoy doing this myself as it is probably one of the most rewarding ways to enjoy your efferts. After you spend all day doing the various steps, and wearing yourself out in doing so, you will be able to see the results for months. There are a few tips I would like to extend to you if you do not already know. NEVER apply in direct sunlight. There may be one or two brands out there that you could use that way but most of them it would be a mistake to do so. DO NOT apply to hot metal, warmed by the sun or engine. Read the information provided on the back of the bottle, some of the products require that you remove BEFORE they dry. Check out this site and look for the "how to" in the lower right corner. http://www.detailedimage.com/store/index.php THIS IS NOT AN ADVERSTMENT OR ENDORSEMENT FOR ANY PRODUCT OR ANY WEB SITE, it is just a good place understand how to make your car turn some heads when you roll by.

Duff

I recently tried out some " Black Magic " and it worked really well. After I waxed it by hand I buffed it with a Simonize buffer. What a shine !!

I have been using Meguirs gold class wax and have been very happy with the shine and wet look it gives to my SLS. There are many who say this is a good wax, but only lasts a few months. I agree, but this is good - you do not want a wax that will not let your car paint breathe. If a wax sits on the car all year it is not good for the paint.

:ph34r: I am posting this incognito, as I have been threated with my life if I ever mentioned it. Seems I started enough trouble being a newbie (type of oil) so I can't tell you who I am. Problem is that this is one of my passions. There is a little more to making your car shine than just applying a coat of wax. If you want it to really stand out, here is a good place to learn how. I enjoy doing this myself as it is probably one of the most rewarding ways to enjoy your efferts. After you spend all day doing the various steps, and wearing yourself out in doing so, you will be able to see the results for months. There are a few tips I would like to extend to you if you do not already know. NEVER apply in direct sunlight. There may be one or two brands out there that you could use that way but most of them it would be a mistake to do so. DO NOT apply to hot metal, warmed by the sun or engine. Read the information provided on the back of the bottle, some of the products require that you remove BEFORE they dry. Check out this site and look for the "how to" in the lower right corner. http://www.detailedimage.com/store/index.php THIS IS NOT AN ADVERSTMENT OR ENDORSEMENT FOR ANY PRODUCT OR ANY WEB SITE, it is just a good place understand how to make your car turn some heads when you roll by.

:lol: We will track you down! :ph34r: BTW, I never waxed my 91 Seville, but it always shines like new. Amazing paint.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived