CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Added another Caddy

awise

I added a second Caddy to the family this week. After 5 1/2 years of enjoying my 98 Eldorado ETC I purchased a 2001 Deville. Now my Eldo has a big brother. The Deville has 89K on it and looks/runs perfect. My wife and I are going test it out with a road trip from NH to Terra Haute, IN. on the 25th to see my son graduate from Engineering School. It's oil, oil filter, air and cabin filters were just replaced, as were the rear shocks and front brakes (all GM parts). I plan to change the PCV valve and fuel filter this weekend, and I will check the plugs and coolant while I am at it. I am debating whether to drop the tranny pan and change that fluid and filter while I am playing around. When I got my Eldo it had 31K on it, and it now has 160K. Thanks to proper care and maintenance the Eldo still looks and runs like new. Last summer it got 25.3 miles per gallon average at 75 MPH all the way to Sprigfiled, IL. and back.

I hope to have the same releationship with the new (used) Deville.

Thanks to all of you that have helped me maintain my Eldo over the years, and I look forward your expertise in helping me with the new (used) Deville.

Best Regards, Al. Wise in NH.

I added a second Caddy to the family this week. After 5 1/2 years of enjoying my 98 Eldorado ETC I purchased a 2001 Deville. Now my Eldo has a big brother. The Deville has 89K on it and looks/runs perfect. My wife and I are going test it out with a road trip from NH to Terra Haute, IN. on the 25th to see my son graduate from Engineering School. It's oil, oil filter, air and cabin filters were just replaced, as were the rear shocks and front brakes (all GM parts). I plan to change the PCV valve and fuel filter this weekend, and I will check the plugs and coolant while I am at it. I am debating whether to drop the tranny pan and change that fluid and filter while I am playing around. When I got my Eldo it had 31K on it, and it now has 160K. Thanks to proper care and maintenance the Eldo still looks and runs like new. Last summer it got 25.3 miles per gallon average at 75 MPH all the way to Sprigfiled, IL. and back.

I hope to have the same releationship with the new (used) Deville.

Thanks to all of you that have helped me maintain my Eldo over the years, and I look forward your expertise in helping me with the new (used) Deville.

Best Regards, Al. Wise in NH.

Congratulations to you on the newest member of your family. Many good years to you!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Congratulations! Good Luck with it!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived