CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front Struts

I have passive struts in the front of my '97 Eldo and when I had the front of this car ripped apart this past winter I looked for the electrical hookups for electronic struts (want to put 'em in) and didn't find none - nowhere (good English :rolleyes: )... I do have the air shocks in the back (worn out). Is it possible that some cars came with the elctrical suspension in the rear only?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have passive struts in the front of my '97 Eldo and when I had the front of this car ripped apart this past winter I looked for the electrical hookups for electronic struts (want to put 'em in) and didn't find none - nowhere (good English :rolleyes: )... I do have the air shocks in the back (worn out). Is it possible that some cars came with the elctrical suspension in the rear only?

Active suspension (electronic) struts/shocks and Automatic Level Control (air bags on the rear shocks) are different beasts. Active struts have a cylinder shaped structure added to the lower inboard surface of the strut or shock; a two wire harness is attached.

You would not find an OEM Cadillac suspension that used 'passive' struts on the front together with 'active' shocks on the rear.

You will find models with passive struts/shocks all around along with Automatic Level Control on the rear. This probably describes the OEM suspension on your car.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Active suspension (electronic) struts/shocks and Automatic Level Control (air bags on the rear shocks) are different beasts. Active struts have a cylinder shaped structure added to the lower inboard surface of the strut or shock; a two wire harness is attached.

You would not find an OEM Cadillac suspension that used 'passive' struts on the front together with 'active' shocks on the rear.

You will find models with passive struts/shocks all around along with Automatic Level Control on the rear. This probably describes the OEM suspension on your car.

Thanks, that's most likely what I have then.

Archived