CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 Sedan DeVille Traction Control Light AND Code TC0061

Hello CI.com folks ...

I have 1 1996 Sedan Deville with about 115K miles. I cleared all the codes and the Traction COntrol light keeps coming on with Code number TC0061

I have searched and googled the entire net and the only forentry discussing TC0061 is a dead link ...

Does anyone know what the TC0061 codes means?

Thanks for the help ...

... Mike

RS0061 - R/F position sensor fault-Right Front suspension height sensor

Check all connections at the RF (passenger side front) position sensor. Make sure that the rod that connects the position sensor to the lower control arm is connected. If all connections are GOOD, replace the level control. Here is a photo:

post-2998-1145996784.jpg

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Body by Fisher...

Thank you for the TC0061 explanation.... just swapped out the idler pulley and tensioner pulley assembly based upon a previous post of yours - thanks for posting the diagram - my haines manual neglected to show the recessed bolt on the tensioner assembly - the bearing noise was getting pretty bad - sounded like a bunch of nuts and bolts banging around the engine. Picked up a sealed bearing aftermarket idler pulley and steel pulley with sealed bearing on heavy duty aluminum tensioner assembly (original was a cheap plastic pulley) for $13.00 and $50.00 each (no sales tax in New Hampshire. Both now quite as a humming bird!

Note I removed the battery first on my 1996 4.6L Sedan DeVille and I had a direct line with my rachet and extension with the 13 MM socket to the tensioner assembly bolt - came right out with no interference with the frame - there was a clearance problem with the idler pulley however - started bolt removal with a 15MM socket and had to use a little crescent wrench. Might have to invest in a set of Stanley SAE and Metric Box ratchets ($49.99 each set at WalMart). Took about an hour total with a couple of cold beer breaks - easy job.

Thanks again for all your excellent knowledge and assistance - beats paying the local caddy dealer guys $150.00 per hour!

Will let you know outcome of the TC0061 code problem that you clued me in on but now that the idler and tensioner pulleys aok got to get down to the mouth of the Merrimack and Plum Island National Wildlife refuge - Stripers are running!!!!

Thanks again,

Mike in NH

RS0061 - R/F position sensor fault-Right Front suspension height sensor

Check all connections at the RF (passenger side front) position sensor. Make sure that the rod that connects the position sensor to the lower control arm is connected. If all connections are GOOD, replace the level control. Here is a photo:

Archived