CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The Learning Channel Rides

ssvette

Did anyone catch the Rides series on The Learning Channel. I didn't get all the specifics. but they are building a hot rod using a northstar engine, mated to a 5 (maybe 6) speed trans, and supercharger, and headers. Sounds great. I beleive the shop doing is Dominator Hot Rods. If anyone has any info it would be great.

BTW, it seems so simple on TV:-)

Yes, and it only takes 30 min to do anything to a car on the shows. Probably essential to the 30 minutes that you have a fully stocked huge garage working space with all the specialized tools, hydraulic lift, and dyno standing by.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I saw that as well. One of the potential problems I saw ws how they mounted the injectors. Pointing up from the bottom, I'm not thinkin that was best way to do that even if has a blower on it.

With the blower and 5 or 6 speed that thing ought to be a handful.

Dennis

i saw the show also...it seemed to me that unless someone like chrb(?) has already done their homework with the engine mods, that could turn into a real "piginapoke" mess...that particular show is one of the better, if not best, of that ilk. the quality of the shops represented so far has been exemplemary, imo.

jackg 90 seville 93k

Yes, and it only takes 30 min to do anything to a car on the shows.  Probably essential to the 30 minutes that you have a fully stocked huge garage working space with all the specialized tools, hydraulic lift, and dyno standing by.

It would be great to take my car to a place that does makeovers in 30 minutes, but let's not forget they charge $100,000/hour.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I saw that as well. One of the potential problems I saw ws how they mounted the injectors. Pointing up from the bottom, I'm not thinkin that was best way to do that even if has a blower on it.

With the blower and 5 or 6 speed that thing ought to be a handful.

That was a really trick intake that they fabbed up for it. The guy said they put the injectors on the bottom so that all the plumbing and wiring could be neatly hidden in the valley for a clean look.

Archived